South turnover.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/sports/sources-cu-mike-macintyre-to-part-ways-at-end-of-season

Found that article from the other board. Find it interesting that most likely USC and Colorado having program turnover.

You had three South teams with turnover last season. I have no clue why they didn’t fire Helton last season as well. 

While Utah will most likely wait for Whitt’s retirement.  If ASU does the unthinkable and wins two road games with a first year coach by all estimates the underdog going into this season it is teeth wrenching a little though. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

(Sigh…)

”gut wrenching”

”teeth clenching”

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

I’m not seeing the optimism that ASU winning 2 road games against average to bad teams is “unthinkable”. They’ve been improving consistently and have clearly bought in to Herm.

It’s more likely they win out than lose one at this point, especially after the loss last week and the NFL draft a week closer for JH. 

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Well, no PAC-12 team has won both of their road games in a back-to-back road swing. Oregon is a drastically different team at home than on the road and Arizona has been playing much better football lately (and its a rivalry game). I’d say that ASU winning both game isn’t “unthinkable”, but most certainly isn’t the most likely outcome.

As for Herbert, I thought it was reported that he is leaning on staying. Perhaps that has changed.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Isn’t the draft a week closer for Harry and Wilkins as well?

TheJuggernaut
      Ute Fan
      @thejuggernaut

USC didn’t fire Helton last season because he won the PAC12.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Still drastically underperforming with a riches of talent. 

TheJuggernaut
          Ute Fan
          @thejuggernaut

Agree 100%. Tough to fire your coach though after he wins the conference and goes to a NY6 bowl.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Yeah we would be happy with that. USC fans think they should be with Bama Clemson and etc etc. Which I agree with them. USC should be doing that with the talent 100% coaching but they still are recovering. 

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

Helton is a filler coach until they get their ‘Big Name Hire’. USC has been chirping about John Harbaugh all season, and now it’s been announced Harbaugh will no longer coach the Ravens after this year. They will definitely throw a king’s ransom at him. Harbaugh will almost certainly be offered a coaching spot in the NFL, so it depends on what he wants to do.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football South turnover.