Take that, D-II.

Viewing 2 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Exhibition games that do not count on your record are played against lower division teams.
      Unlike many teams the Utes do not have any of these games on their regular season schedule.
      All the games are against division one schools.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Portland State routinely opens with an NAIA D-II Cacade Collegiate Conference exhibition and schedules at least one, sometimes two D-III schools ftom the Northwest Conference during the regular season.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I attended the 12.21.2005 matchup between Warner Pacific and Portland State. It was a nail biter down to the last couple of minutes. Warner had a significant support section and their chants filled the 1500 seat Stott Center. I became a fan of WP that evening. A couple of years later, I was in their gym for a match against Oregon Tech when Greg Oden and his entourage made an appearance, sat right down next to me and ate a noodle dish, spilling quite a bit on the seat in front of him.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Not sure why everyone is making such a big deal about playing an exhibition against a lower division school. Almost every D1 school does this, and Utah has done it every year since the Majerus era and possibly before. Oh, and this same school plays Mark Pope’s Prized Pigs this weekend in Provo.

Hard to get much intel from a game like this, but I can say without a doubt that Mikael Jantunen is the second coming of Hanno Mottola.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I was not trying to imply any sort of animosity or concern about playing UT-Tyler, just giving it a name and celebrating the win.

Staples
        Ute Fan
        @staples

I declared Eli Ballstaedt the second coming of McKay McGrath. He then promptly shot two airballs on threes. I stand by my declaration.

TheJuggernaut
        Ute Fan
        @thejuggernaut

Brandon Haddock is the second coming of Jordie McTavish
        B Haddock

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Minus the turnovers in the NCAA Championship game, of course…

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.