Tavion Thomas is out of shape. Has this been discussed?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

His first couple runs he looked strong but then the runs after that he looked weaker with each rep. How is he not in shape? 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Watch the Florida game. It was pretty evident he wasn’t in shape, and still isn’t. Hopefully he can take advantage of his opportunity. Glover was pretty good, definitely not a short yardage back yet.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yep he was gassed.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

He obviously did something that resulted in his first half benching, then followed it up with a very weak performance. He could be sick, regardless, there are players behind him eager to take advantage of coaching, training, nutrition, reps and overall opportunity.

Until I see otherwise, he is in the way and I am overjoyed with the players in the backfield earning reps vacated my Thomas.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

5.5 yard average over 11 attempts is not a weak performance.

3 1

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Mop up time against a team that quit. He was supposedly fresh and ready to redeem himself and he was tapping his helmet after a few carries. He would have had a 100!

2 3

chinngiskhaan
            Ute Fan
            @chinngiskhaan

Huh? I’m not sure you understand how this works. You say something, someone else says something that proves you wrong, you admit you were wrong and move on.

He had a 5.5 yard average, that is objectively solid if not great. The fact that it came against a crappy team was out of his control.

1 1

89ute
              Ute Fan
              @89ute

I made a mistake, he *should have had 100.

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Wrong. 1 rush of 30 yards, and then 10 more rushes at 3 YPC.

6 3

RedUte14
      Ute Fan
      @redute14

Glover was not as impressive to me at a 3.6/3.7 average last night

5 1

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

How did this get downvoted? Anybody that thought Glover looked impressive watched a completely different game than us. Glover looked like Jordan Wilmore. That ASU run defense is garbage.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

I view Glover through a different lens. I don’t like that one guy can stop him in his tracks. However, he’s young. I think he is giving us pretty much what Zach Moss gave us as a true frosh. If we see the same next year then he needs to move on but I think we will see nothing but upside from here. The kid is hungry and plays his heart out.

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

He had some impressive runs, but he’s a true freshman. Also, I don’t think the offensive line was picking up guys like they should have been. He was consistently being hit in the backfield. Moss had issues as a young guy with vision as well. Glover will be fine. He needs to learn to keep his eyes up.

MTUTE
        Ute Fan
        @mtute

What concerns me about Glover, is that he seemed to go down on first contact. It may be a maturation process, but it was concerning nonetheless. 

9 1

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

238 lb’s my ass.  Tavion is a cheeseburger away from being a guard at this point.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Tavion kept pulling up his pants. That should tell us something.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tavion Thomas is out of shape. Has this been discussed?