Taylor

Viewing 10 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

While I’m surprised based on the money you guys pointed out last week I’m not at all surprised he took a head job.  He has a tough time being told what to do and if you ever had the chance to listen to him on the headset during a game it would be better than watching the game itself.  

One exchange this year had Holliday respond with…”I’m not your son Troy, don’t tell me what to do.”

TT randomly asked Lisk a few weeks back if he “had a Big Sky connection would you be interested in putting up some big numbers in that league.”  Drew thought it was weird until he and Snoop were laughing about it last week when they heard he was thinking about the job.

I heard a coach say “let’s hope so” semi-joking about the news last week.  

While it hurts offensive continuity we have a lot of experience coming back that will help with any transition.  Not optimal of course but I’d rather change when you have a couple of QB’s that have experience vs. throwing a new kid in.  

We’ll be fine. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Is this why Daniels got flipped easily to ASU?

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

No. Not even close to the reason Daniels went to ASU. That was all about his Mom and reason she didn’t like Utah. The state and the school school.

P.S. it had nothing to do with distance away from home.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Ok I can accept that but maybe this is why they couldn’t overcome that. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I think it had more to do with a messy splitting of the parents and mom won. 

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

Yeah but good recruiters overcome those things. Especially ones that want to be here. The spin already seems to be that TT took on less of a role doesn’t help recruiting one bit. I am accepting the reason for losing him but why couldn’t Utah overcome that instead you go to a school with a wide open QB situation and two other incoming guys?  Not much sense to me. 

Stone
                Ute Fan
                @stone

I think a big reason may be what you stated in your last question: ASU does not have a returning starter at QB. Yes, ASU has signed a bunch of guys, but the competition is wide open. Utah has two returning starters on the roster. If a recruit wants immediate playing time, the decision is easy.

1 1

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

I think you are over simplifying this. He chose ASU, not BYU. 

ASU is a very “attractive” place for a young man, and has an easier path to playing sooner. 

Anonymous
                  Inactive

Huh?  WTF are you smoking?

ASU has NINE QBs now (including three commits in this class), seven of which are Dual type. 

Utah
                    Ute Fan
                    @utah

ASU has no QB’s that can play. They will start a true freshman this fall. 

Anonymous
                      Inactive

They very well could, but one chance in nine is objectively worse odds than one in four. That’s just math. 

AZUTE
                Ute Fan
                @azute

Trust me her issues had NOTHING to do with football or Coaching or early playing time.

She didn’t want her son in Utah or at Utah and Jayden couldn’t say no to her.

Some times you can’t change a person’s perception no matter who hard you try

EagleMountainUte
                  Ute Fan
                  @battlegroundute

I BELIEVE YOU! I said that I believe all of those reasons. A recruiter closes the deal and overcomes those reasons. I am just thinking maybe he couldn’t because he had one foot out the door. 

4 2

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Thanks OnlyU. But how are we going to replace a guy who scores 3 points in a championship game?!

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Hindsight did it feel like two different guys called that game?  

Also it was *10 points scored. 

Ute Bc
          Ute Fan
          @utebc

10 points?  Are you including the UW interception as a Taylor TD?

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Mostly kidding but it is accurate. 

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

Well, Coach Petersen is a legit Offensive genius and he only scored 3 points with his team at full strength and the winningest QB in PAC-12 history under center and one of the best RBs in PAC history in the backfield.  What was his problem in that game?

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

One of the most perceptive comments on this site all day. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

This. I’m going to try to be logical not emotional. We were all up in arms at the beginning of the season when TT was running the offense he wanted. I was at the UW game it was ridiculous. Then we watch utah run all over WSU in the first half only to then watch Moss barely touch the ball in the second half. Whitt said something Harding became more involved and the rest is history. It sucks he left but from what it sounds like like Tuttle he doesn’t for what Whitt wants to do. I think Harding would be fine and honestly deserves it.

Johnny80
      Ute Fan
      @johnny80

I liked the guy. I don’t know any of the inner workings of the team but I thought he was a good fit and was starting to find his place. This makes no sense to me though. Total step backwards in my opinion. Like leaving the Sous Chef job at La Caille to manage a Cafe Rio. 

5 2

Tednab
      Ute Fan
      @tednab

Faa .. can’t believe this . To me this is a major hit to the program .. can’t keep doing this every year, my hell. 

Woodutail
      Ute Fan
      @woodutail

OnlyU thanks for your great insite and posts to Utehub, Tony we need to get him a raise?
      Any idea how fast Whitt will react and hire a new OC or promote Hardy?

1 1

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Time to fire up the ole OC Coaching carousel!

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I remember after the first Washington game or maybe it was the NIU game when the players were saying after the postgame, “I don’t know why we aren’t running the ball more.”  You knew then there were problems.

Calgradutedad
      Ute Fan
      @calgradutedad

The Sac State AD is a former Cal football player and Sacramento native who was AD at St Mary’s before moving to Sac State. He did a pretty good job at St Mary’s and really wants to win in football at Sac State. I just don’t know how much he can move the needle financially to pay Troy Taylor. Either he’s paying TT enough and TT will try to stay there or TT is looking to make his mark there and then move on the next level.

https://www.csus.edu/news/articles/2017/10/6/mark-orr-says-it%27s-time-for-some-hornet-swagger-.shtml

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

This would make total sense as to why he would take that job. Sounds like he knew that Utah wasn’t the right fit for him. It still p**ses me off that we are back to the OC merry-go-round.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.