Terrorist attack in London

Viewing 3 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

The question as of now is what the motive is.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I vote for bats**t crazy.

6 1

zeous
      Ute Fan
      @zeous

The point at which faith begins is also the point at which reason ends.

autahfan
      Ute Fan
      @autahfan

In other words there are no reasonable people of faith?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

In religion, you always reach a point where you have to put reason aside to continue in any religion. 

AZswayze
          Ute Fan
          @AZswayze

How do you defend your faith? You appear to understand the faults in the logic, or lack thereof, but you continue to follow a religion that’s as full of holes as any.

2 2

AZswayze
        Ute Fan
        @AZswayze

That’s how you took this? You can be a reasonable person in every aspect of your life and still have blind faith in something. While you may approach everything else from a logical angle, you might accept one subject on faith alone, and completely forfeit any intellectual perspective.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I disagree. For example, my church does not allow homosexuals to get married. How reasonable is that? 

In every religion, at some point, it will make a statement that cannot be followed through reason. That is when faith steps in. How can any reasonable person in 1975 think that the ban on blacks and the priesthood was ok? Yet, many argued for its merit. 

Look at the Crusades. How reasonable was that? Join the church or be killed. Look at how we treated “witches”. Look at bombings in the middle east. 

At some point, you will have to make a choice: Reason or Faith. What will it be? Reason would tell you to not massacre people in Mountain Meadows. Faith said something different. Reason would tell you that God would not want to you murder people who don’t feel the same as you. Religion said different. Reason would tell you that when God says, love everyone, that actually means everyone, not just the straight, white people. 

Polygamy, men only with the priesthood, no babies in heaven, etc…none of that is reasonable. 

AZswayze
            Ute Fan
            @AZswayze

I think you completely misunderstood my statement. I wasn’t saying faith is reasonable. I was saying that people can be otherwise reasonable, and still have one area of their life where blind faith overtakes their normal thought processes (religion being the main culprit). Blind faith is not something I defend, and it certainly isn’t a virtue.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I did misunderstand. My bad. 

1 1

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

In every religion? Really?

Faith is belief in something that is unknown, delusion is believing in something that can’t possibly be true.   The people at Mountain Meadows were delusional.  People who believed that blacks are marked with the sign of Cain and unworthy were delusional.   People who think the Book of Abraham was translated directly from papyrus are delusional.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

My problem with religion is that it tries to answer questions we just don’t have answers to, and then when people disagree, the people who disagree get punished…even when the people who disagreed were correct. 

Very un-Christlike if you ask me. 

zeous
            Ute Fan
            @zeous

But very Mohammedlike.

zeous
              Ute Fan
              @zeous

Apparently some think that death to apostates and infidels isn’t considered punishment for disagreeing.

Viewing 3 reply threads

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics Terrorist attack in London