Texas AD pushing for Urban

Viewing 2 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

Saw this online. Makes a lot of sense for both Texas and Urban. He always picks prime jobs where he can win immediately and Texas definitely fits the bill. Texas is a blue chip program in fertile recruiting ground and with endless resources that just needs the right hire to bring them back into the Elite class of college football. He would dominate the Big 12 and have an easy path to the CFP every year.
      Texas AD going after Urban

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

yeah fits’s Urban’s method of operations.  Go to a talent-laded blue chip school.  Win quickly, then have health problems and retire when the talent level reaches a cyclical drop. 

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

I hope Urban goes to Texas, wins a lot of games, makes a few playoff appearances, maybe wins a championship or two, then gets a “bad migraine” and leaves for medical purposes.  The following season I hope Kyle Whittingham decides to hang it up or go somewhere else (like the NFL).  Urban then remembers how much fun he had here and he tells Shelly it’s time to come back.  He then brings back a recently fired Dan Mullen, hometown hero Brian Johnson, and a bunch of new young guys ready to learn under his wing.  He also brings a good harvest of 4 and 5 star recruits that have never seen snow in their lives but they play like giants.  We have like 7 seasons of feasts before his heart “starts beating too fast” and our program catches sanctions of some sort and he has to step down.  Hopefully this time for good, but at least he leaves us with a red hot new prodigy of a coach.  Man, that would be awesome.

EastCoastUte
          Ute Fan
          @eastcoastute

…i mean, you’re not wrong. ^

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

I could live with that.

KiYi-Ute
          Ute Fan
          @kiyi-ute

I like all of this except the Dan Mullen part… and the sanctions.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Noooooo!   I am perfectly happy with Texas being a perennial underachiever.   Same with Michigan! (not that Urban would go there — just saying)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Texas AD pushing for Urban