The defense will have to win games for us…

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Our defense is very solid and might be excellent but they have not been tested yet. I think they will be very good, but I am worried that they may be on the field too long.

Of course, our offense could be much, much better with Cam playing. However, I have no clue when that will happen. Without Cam, Kuithe, and Bernard – we are just not that good. Johnson is fast. However, he is not yet a great runner when it comes to making cuts, etc. Bernard not playing really hurts. Jackson is very good but I doubt he can run 25-30 times a game. The Oline is good, but we need to be able to pass to open things up.

The special teams sucked today after a couple of good games. Yes, we lost our kicker but we played very badly. We also did not have our punt or kick returners today.

Obviously, the most important thing is to get healthy ASAP!!!

Charlie Foxtrot
      Ute Fan
      @charliefoxtrot

I wonder how many of the hold outs today could have played but didn’t trying to get as healthy as possible for UCLA? Place kicking and kickoffs are going to be interesting for the next several weeks. I also wonder how much of the playbook is open on offense with Nate running things? I feel he has the most upside and probably our greatest opportunity for wins as far as QB’s are concerned until/if Rising can return.

The thing that sucks about running two QB’s for the first two games of the season is that the offense really hasn’t had a chance to get into a groove. It was better today with Nate running the show for most of the game, but things still look out of synch at times.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Just remember how much better this team was when Rising came in for Brewer. We’ll be fine.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Do you know when he will play?

1 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Utah is 3-0 and we still haven’t seen the best players take the field. That is all I am taking away from this.

Alabama is currently 3-3 on the road against South Florida.

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Utes badly need CR back ASAP. It was a good game for 2.5 quarters. Johnson was inefficient late 3rd. And most of the 4th quarter. Will not win many games purely on running ability vs. Pac teams.

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

I thought NJ was making good decisions, but was 3-4 steps too late. Against Weber st they will work, but at a higher level of play the open receivers will get covers or the passes picked. My $0.02

He was throwing once the receiver was open, not anticipating they would be open.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

Also threw 2 picks that were dropped. If you add 2 picks to his stat line how does he look? Probably closer to a 24-7 final with the offense accounting for 17 points. Always hard to grade against an FCS team but this didn’t look good

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football The defense will have to win games for us…