The Zone – local sports radio

Viewing 3 reply threads

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

I know many don’t listen to local sports radio but I have noticed the last 2 days that 1280 the Zone has not been airing the local guys at all. It is other national shows airing. Nothing on their site has been updated since March 11 as well.

Are they all in quarantine with the Rudy/Donovan situation or anyone know what is going on? I know many don’t care but just curious.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

I don’t know either. I’m wondering if they are taking time off with nothing to talk about for a month?

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Where I live they are still talking about having nothing to talk about and the latest announcements of cancellations, postponements, etc.  Hot topic: should student athletes whose seasons were cut short or cancelled get an extra year of eligibility?

highlandute7
          Ute Fan
          @highlandute7

Weird – I usually listen on my drive to work and drive home and haven’t heard DJ/PK and Monson and Scotty for the last two days. I have it streaming right now at work and it should be Tony and Austin but I am hearing the Rich Eisen show. I am guessing 1280 hasn’t hired Rich Eisen.

I am ok listening to Rich though. Just find it odd that there is nothing on their site or any announcement about the local shows and why they are not on.

PlainsUte
            Ute Fan
            @plainsute

Weird that radio operates that way a lot.  Changes always happen with zero explanation.  I think you’re probably right about a COVID19 connection.

Staples
      Ute Fan
      @staples

Noticed that as well. Has to be because of Rudy and Donovan testing positive and being the home of the Jazz it’s pretty certain that someone from the station had enough contact with the players or broadcast team to warrant quarantine for all as a precaution. Just strange that there wasn’t any sort of official announcement.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @utebiquitous

Exactly right. All of the key personalities attend Jazz games and do interviews. They are self-quarantined.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Vivint arena was shut down for cleaning. Their studio is in the arena.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc The Zone – local sports radio