Theo Howard from Transfer Portal

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Yes yes. 

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

During spring ball, KW said we might get 1 or 2 redeivers from the portal. Wonder if we are looking at any others.

ALUF
        Ute Fan
        @dbgii77

I wonder what are chances are with spiker now?

mfaulk80
          Ute Fan
          @mfaulk80

Spiker committed to Nevada yesterday

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Finally. Been calling this one for months.

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

This is a good get.  I am not so sure about McKinney.  He wasn’t even a starter.  However, maybe Scalley sees something with this kid.  Plus we need some depth at safety.

Go Utes!!!

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Is he any good?

PhiladelphiaUte
        Ute Fan
        @philadelphiaute

Probably.  Rivals had him listed as a 4-star WR, ranked 5th best in his class.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2016/theo-howard-165

And the [sad] truth is, he doesn’t even have to be a “world beater”.  If he’s so much as “above average”, it’ll still be a huge step up from what we have now and/or what we’d lost when Nacua transferred.

Personally, I’m loving this new addition!

GO UTES!!!

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

He caught 50 + passes in two different seasons while at UCLA.  If he can do that here, that would be fantastic!

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

He’s pretty good and I would wager he’ll start outside opposite of Enis. Had a significant injury two years ago but should be back to full strength and is a very experienced guy. He adds needed depth but is talented enough to lead the team in Rec. We will see another WR join in the next little while also.

All in this year…could be a very special year

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Man I hope you’re right. I was expecting this year to he good, but next year to be special. But I’m starting to change my mind now.

Redblood
          Ute Fan
          @redblood

How would you compare the likelihood of the other WR starting compared to Theo Howard?

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

He’ll be another potential starter and definite contributor. Theo had the achilles 2 years ago but by all accounts is fully healthy so with his experience and talent he has to be in the mix.

Enis and Covey are gonna start so that leaves a battle for 2 spots and I’d be surprised if Theo didn’t get one of them. Vele and Dixon are gonna play. Caine, O’Toole, Money, Cope.

I’m not sure where any of these guys actually fit in at this point!! Gonna be a crazy camp

PhiladelphiaUte
              Ute Fan
              @philadelphiaute

What’s the story on O’Toole?  Are we planning on using him at WR, or TE?  Do you know?

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Pretty clear to me that the coaching assumption is 2021 is the year. With an active portal maybe every year will be that way. Thrilled for our pickups.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Theo Howard!