Things just went from bad to worse for Urban

Viewing 4 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Videos are coming out of former players who played for Urban talking about how he was both physically and verbally abusive towards them. Throwing full bottles at them, allowing choke out drills in practice, even making them practice and play while injured.

He’ll be lucky to coach another game at any level.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Uh-oh

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Oops.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

https://youtu.be/-sUKoKQlEC4
      Child abuse or coaching? Coaching is about extracting the best from players. I think most would agree this is an inspiring story of fiction in a movie. But there is a certain segment in society that doesn’t think children should be pushed to their limits. UM has extracted the best from players and has done it for millions of dollars. I don’t think some of his coaching methods correlate to covering up DV. I don’t want to go larger political message on this board but America is turning into a bunch of swusses. 

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

If this is a choke out drill, I’m fine with it, if it’s what @larryb said, then I’m not. I had to do death crawls and monkey rolls and big 3’s and 500 up-downs (we never made it to 500) and all those, and I think those are character building, but choking people out? It’s football, not MMA.

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

I don’t understand how that video relates to what Urban was accused of doing. He was making kids crawl while being choked. He made a kid practice while having a staph infection and threatened to kick him off the team for being a “pussy”.

1 2

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I don’t think children should be pushed to their limits. I don’t think athletes should be pushed to their limits. That’s ridiculous. 

Here’s a dose of reality: 98% of professional athletes are born that way. You are either born big and fast or slow and small. It is what it is. The other 2%? They don’t succeed because some asshole coach yells at them until they puke. They push themselves. 

And guess what? Most coaches agree with me. That is why there is less tackling in practice. Less running. Less fatiguing your players. No more two a days. 

And guess what? Our athletes are better than they have ever been. 

This whole “give 110%” is bulls**t propaganda to exploit people. If you want 110%, then pay 110%. 

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

On some level I wonder if this is being used as cover for the 100+ wrestlers who have now come forward talking about sexual abuse at the hands of coaches while at THE Ohio State University.

3 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

EDIT: NM I forgot for a minute that you are an admitted troll

2 1

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

It’s hard for me to believe, in light of what has come out, that you are being serious!  What he gave them?  Those players could have been successful with coaches that had some morals as well.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

Is a choke out drill really what I think it is? And what in the hell is a head coach using that for if it is what I think it is?

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

It sounds like players were supposed to crawl from one end of a mat to the other while having another player on thier back, putting them in a choke hold. The goal was to get to the other side before passing out. Absolutely no reason for that.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You think these players would have accomplished what they did without Urban?  

Ute Bc
      Ute Fan
      @utebc

Yes, they would have played for Saban, Harbaugh or a laundry list of others that could have got them in the NFL.  Urban is getting the cream of the crop.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Mental toughness, I suppose.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Things just went from bad to worse for Urban