This secondary is our best ever – KWhitt

Viewing 5 reply threads

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

Wow, that’s a strong endorsement. He said best since he has been at Utah, and we have had some good secondaries in that time.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Hmmm, “best ever” with Guidry supposedly being the #37th ranked player in the state… 

http://www.1280thezone.com/37-javelin-guidry-university-of-utah/

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

I’m just going to assume that was a joke and walk away now.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

1280 is pandering to its audience, Utah County.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

First, Blackmon is a first round potential. Have we ever had that BEFORE a season began? 

Johnson has potential to be better. Guidry started as a true freshman. Smith has Eric Rowe potential. Burgess is your average 4-7th NFL pick. Same with Nygel King and Tyreke Lewis. We are three deep with NFL potential at every spot. 

At safety, we have Blair and Ballard, Afia and Burgess (he can play both spots, CB and S), Mataele, and Hansen if needed. 

We are absolutely loaded at DB. Top 5 in the country. We’ve never been that good. And with our DL? Lordy….

Puget Ute
        Ute Fan
        @pugetute

If Sharrieff Shah ever gets a big offer to keave, we need to do everything possible to keep him.Shah and Scalley have been outstanding recruiting and developing this backfield.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Yeah. What gives me hope is that Hill offered Sitake $800,000+ to stay at Utah. Scalley makes $525,000 and Shah makes $350,000. 

We are paying Shah right now. We are paying Taylor/Harding over $900,000 combined and I think Andersen and Scalley make over $1,000,000 combined. 

Add in a new AD whose specialty is raising money…hopefully he is here for the long haul. Hopefully we can up Shah to over $500,000. He’s a treasure. 

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

Alright Utah- Rank Utah’s assistant coaches…

RedLine
          Ute Fan
          @redline

I agree.  He answered the call after a few times of contemplation for leaving a soild career at a law firm. That said, there’s a lot of Utes in the NFL that I’d like see back on campus. Koa Misi coaching LB for example. 

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

best secondary ever in KWhitt’s time at Utah… That is saying A LOT.

Lets just think about this for a second. We are talking about a team that has seen as much NFL success from the defensive backfield as just about any university in the nation. We have always had a ton of talent back there, but we’ve always had a weak link or two. Not the case this time. We are 3 deep in NFL talent at every defensive back position. Every last dude on that squad that is going to get playing time this year will have a legit shot at the NFL.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This secondary is our best ever – KWhitt