This seems wrong to me

Viewing 3 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I saw this ranking of college defensive coordinators.  Scalley is at 19 and Tuiaki from BYU is 23rd.  I don’t know who this guy is, but I think he is way off.  What Scalley has done with the talent he has – is completely amazing.  IMHO he is a top ten coordinator if not top 5.

As far as Tuiaki is concerned, I just don’t know and really don’t care much.  However, I have never found a BYU fan who thinks that Tuiaki is a top 50 D coach.  Most BYU fans are always complaining about him.

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

You know it’s a bad take if anyone from the Big-12 is higher than Scalley.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Look at some of the other teams on the list ahead of Scalley – Alabama-Birmingham, Army, Georgia Southern, North Carolina-Chapel Hill. These are not strong football programs.

krindor
          Ute Fan
          @krindor

Honestly, that’s a good thing in my mind. If someone wants to argue that the UAB coordinator is better than Scalley, let them. Means that another team is likely to try to poach that guy instead of Scalley

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

BYU fans would laugh at seeing Tuiaki that high.

krindor
      Ute Fan
      @krindor

Tuiaki probably shouldn’t be that high, but he’s better than most BYU fans give him credit for. He suffers from the same issue that affected Pau Gasol during his Laker’s career. Nobody wanted to put any blame on Kobe, so whenever something went bad it kind of defaulted to blaming Pau.

For example, BYU scored 3 second-half points on 6 drives against CCU, but a fair number over there on CougarBoard continue to insist that Tuiaki and the defense were to blame for the loss. Not the fact that over a large portion of the second half, the BYU offense ran 28 plays for 32 total yards. If the offense can’t stay on the field, of course you lose the Time of Possession battle, but that requires admitting that either Zach Wilson didn’t play well or that CCU was stifling and outplaying BYU (or both). So it’s just easier to blame it on poor coaching decisions by the defensive coordinator and imagine it’s easily changed and not reflective of any underlying reality – hence why Tuiaki gets more than his fair share of vitriol

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football This seems wrong to me