@ironman1315

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

“This program is spiraling out of control.” 

darklightning
      Ute Fan
      @darklightning

Am I the only one who can’t stand reading cougarboard due to the format? I don’t want to open another webpage to read more than 10 words. Or am I doing something wrong?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That format is prevalent for many fan boards and seems to come from around the 90’s as far as I can tell.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It is the blue. It causes brain damage. 

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Nope

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

The BYU-P fanbase harbors many boo-birds. Like it or not, it has a psychological effect on young players.

Our fanbase doesn’t have as many of them, but we have our share. Not telling anyone how to be fans, but maybe we should think about how we react the next time we go 3 and out, or Huntley takes a sack instead of throwing the ball away, or we call a draw play on 3rd and 11.

Guido
      Ute Fan
      @guidopescatore

I find this train of thought interesting.  I remember Brian Johnson commenting after a big comeback win (TCU? Oregon State? I forget…) about watching fans leave the stadium and thinking that they were going to miss something special.  I wonder how these kids respond when we boo them after a poor performance.  The issue here is that it can become a chicken and the egg argument – the players perform poorly because the fans are not engaged because the players are performing poorly.

Yeah, I get that the players are responsible for the product on the field, but I can see where things could escalate to the point that this TDS player says if the fans are not engaged.  Maybe this is where the “winning cures everything” mantra comes into play…  🙂

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

It was Oregon st. 

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Yeah, that was a helluva comeback!

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

My favorite is where someone holds up Nebraska as a losing program that still has devoted fans, and one of the BYU faithful refutes that comparison by saying Nebraska plays in one of the most boring places in the world.

Uuuuuuhhhhhhhhh…..

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo This thread is pure schadenfreud