Those assigning blame to the O-Line and not Brewer can take a seat.

Viewing 7 reply threads
      3 18

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

We don’t need to hear your superficial comments on a game you never played.

Danilo
      Ute Fan
      @dan7

Okay…please explain

4 2

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Did you watch Rising go for the end zone when they blitzed? Do you see Rising run aggressively against the defense when they blitzed without accounting for the QB instead of just sitting back there like a deer in headlights? Yeah!

1 3

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Fact check true

15 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Give it a rest dude. Just admit you were wrong. The offensive line is clearly bad. They were only less bad with Rising because he can run… and there is a thing called situational defense. SDSU was not sending the house like they did earlier on because they got scared and tried to prevent us from scoring.

The offensive line is not doing their job. It’s obvious. Was Brewer a problem? Yes, but they were awful tonight.

3 4

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

They blitzed Rising and he went to Dixon, twice, one for a TD. He also ran against their blitz and made them pay rather then just sitting back in the pocket scared.

2 3

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Fact check true

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

When the QB gets the offense into the right play football gets much easier. Running against 8 in the box is hard. Throwing to Dixon to make them pay for 8 in the box will reduce the number of guys in the box. Was SDSU playing prevent in OT???

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Dude, Ford literally snapped the ball at Brewers feet, then turned around and looked at him instead blocking so the SDSU D tackle was able to slide right past him and put pressure on Brewer. How is that not an O line problem? I’d like to know.

6 2

beaslad
      Ute Fan
      @beaslad

I remember watching my first football game, too.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Tell us truth then o sage.

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Apparently you did not watch the game. How do you blame Brewer when he hands the ball off?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Brewer had a few good pockets and wouldn’t step up into them. Those delayed Blitzes killed him.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Oh I get it. Brewer is not the man at QB for the Utes. My point is, even when he handed it off, SDSU was in the back field tackling the RB because the O line sucked balls

Ute Dub
            Ute Fan
            @chestercopperpot

And Brewer should have opted to throw deep against man coverage when he saw 8 in the box, like, you know, Rising did to Dixon.

EagleMountainUte
              Ute Fan
              @battlegroundute

You know the line was changed unded Rising? Ford wasn’t snapping the ball anymore. Take that into account

Central Coast Ute
                Ute Fan
                @flip2848

Yep. The O line was better when Bills was in at center. Even with Brewer in at QB.

mfaulk80
                  Ute Fan
                  @mfaulk80

I re-watched most of the 4th quarter when Utah was actually doing something.  Ford was the center the entire time. 

2008 National Champ
                    Ute Fan
                    @cptmrgn05

overtime also. Bills was in the game but Ford was still at center. just managed to miss his own butt more often while rising was in the game.

mfaulk80
                Ute Fan
                @mfaulk80

This isn’t true.  Go back and rewatch the game. 

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

I’m listening!

Hey, 2 thing to all the grumps here…

1 can’t deny the oline changed when rising came in. That’s facts

2 qb absolutely has a lot to do with getting pass pro set up. Our oline play was putrid but qb getting it right is absolutely a factor in oline play.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

I for one stepped back from the ledge when rising came in and our oline seemingly went from pure trash to ok(not great, but not totally inept)

That, my belief in the rest of the team(tight end blocking still sucks) (but the d was only responsible for 10 points) and an extremely soft Landing into pac play have me still believing…

If the oline issues are fixiable(I still think they are after a decent 4th) we have 3 weeks to fix them before usc. I’ll throw in the towel and cross the line if we lose there.

5 1

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Also, calling my shot. We smoke wazzu

Ute2
            Ute Fan
            @ute2

Oh… one more thing. The new OT is some reallll bull?!%#.

UteBacker
              Ute Fan
              @utebacker

Yes, 4th and short plays (which is what the 3rd OT basically is) isn’t exactly our strong point.

Ute2
                Ute Fan
                @ute2

You make a good point.

That rule really tilts the tables in favor of some teams and not others.

I’m honestly feeling incensed that the it ended on 2pt. Conversions of all things.

And all to negate the possibility of 7 ots which happened like once in thousands of overtimes.

UteBacker
                  Ute Fan
                  @utebacker

Ya, I don’t like the new OT rules.  They should play it out.  I will say that I was stunned that we didn’t try to run it up the gut on either conversion in OT.  I thought for sure that’s what they were going to call and we would lose by getting stuffed 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage.

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

Yeah well if Redding hits that FG it would not have been an issue.

alUmnUs
      Ute Fan
      @alumnus

I bet you’re really good at conducting research on vaccines.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Those assigning blame to the O-Line and not Brewer can take a seat.