Those of us in the PNW know exactly what it means “to Coug it!” Go Utes

Viewing 2 reply threads

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

Couged It 1. The inability to keep a lead in a sporting event; a) to lose a game in the last minute or second. b) to surrender a walk-off homerun or lose in sudden death 2. Incomplete; to not finish a task; to stop prematurely. 3. To be shot down in a social setting.
      see also: Coug It Orgin: This term is used by the alumni of Washington State University Cougars for their athletic teams lack of ability to win big games after holding large leads against top ranked teams and the University’s archrival the University of Washington Huskies. Games are usually lost in the last seconds.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I had to go back and watch the first half because I missed it. Damn they were pretty c**ky little guys. I mean you can see it as either overconfidence or just enjoying good times. Good times turned into a disaster for them in that second half. Utah did look like they were in second gear most of the time. 

RedUte
      Ute Fan
      @rogermaggiohotmail-com

Yes William

MFury
        Ute Fan
        @mfury

Huh. I always thought to coug it meant to proclaim national relevance or dominance, while failing to deliver on the field, while assessing the possibilities that might have led to victory and claiming them as actual victory.

Potato / potato I guess.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Those of us in the PNW know exactly what it means “to Coug it!” Go Utes