3 5

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Harding to be more active or something. 

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

Whit knows this is the best defense he’s had maybe ever… too good to let it be wasted by dropped passes or inneficient offenses.

Hopefully this helps turn the O around (catch the damn ball…)

SUUte
      Ute Fan
      @garrstew

Source?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

1280 I am regretting listening because I think I got trolled. They were quoting some vague reference to Josh Furlong’s final question to Whitt on Monday. So far I don’t see anything on social media from usual reliable sources. 

SUUte
          Ute Fan
          @garrstew

Who was the person on the zone who mentioned it?

SUUte
            Ute Fan
            @garrstew

Nevermind. I found it. It was Hans and Frank in talking sports. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Huh?

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

wasn’t Troy Taylor’s contract a 2 year deal …. hmmmmm?

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

This is really misleading.  I listened to the same thing you did this morning.  PK was trying to be funny when he said that Troy Taylor was being demoted.  That is not what is happening.  They went on to talk about Harding having a say in the run game and that KW wants the pass attempts and run attempts flipped (38 pass, 26 rush last week vs. Washington).  TT is still the OC and has not been demoted.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Thank you for clarifying!

3 1

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

As much as I have disliked our offense, I think the only thing worse would be changing OC’s in the middle of the year. Obviously, if things don’t improve we will have OC no. 11 for next year.

Utebeam
          Ute Fan
          @utebeam

Based on the down votes on my comment I would be interested to hear how an OC change mid-year would be an improvement. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

It wouldn’t be an improvement at all. 

Look, we brought in Taylor a season and half ago, almost two years by the calendar. Our WR and QB recruiting has taken a HUGE leap. 

To fire him now would just be dumb. We have no identity as an offense. Firing another OC and bringing yet another guy wouldn’t fix that. 

Look at our QB’s for next year: Huntley (SR), Tuttle (FR), Daniels (FR). Two four star kids are/were heavily recruited by Taylor. And before you say anything about Tuttle, Taylor kept him committed for a year. 

Look at our WR’s for next year that were Taylor recruits: Boyd (4 stars), Covey, Enis (4 stars), Perriman, Thompson, Jones (4 star) and anyone else we add. 

We have taken big steps forward in certain areas as a program under Taylor. To toss the baby out with the bath water is just dumb. 

I’m ok with telling him to run more. But to blow this up again? DUMB, DUMB, DUMB, DUMB. 

Next fall, it’s Huntley or Tuttle. We were ALWAYS playing for 2019, 2020. The schedule is too hard this year. 

Imagine Tuttle with Moss, Thompson, Boyd, Enis, Perriman, Covey. 

Holy S**t. That is talent. Don’t forget about that. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Taylor demoted