Troy Williams Stats

Viewing 7 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

4-13 for 43 yards. No INTs. No TDs. QBR = 14.3

He did rush 15x for 40 yards and 1 TD. He also fumbled twice and lost one.

The more experience Troy gets, the worse he gets. He was highly inaccurate today. Overthrowing on 5 yard passes. This is not progressing well.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

lol. Guess Wilson wasn’t that bad after all, was he? 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Wilson was nails in the redzone.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I put the fumbles on him but the play calling was atrocious so hard to shovel all the bad on him and say he has regressed.  

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Someone else said this, but this is the type of game where you don’t take anything away from it. 

The weather was insane, OSU coming off a win with Gary playing vs Utah is a weird dynamic, Utah has everyone injured…

Just take the win and move on to next week. Everything else…just ignore it. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

Yeah I am coming down a little.  I think I add up all of the injuries in my head and go you know what any win at this point is amazing.  Despite it being against a terrible OSU team.  
        That Garretson was something else damn he sucked.  

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

I always liked Travis thought he played with a toughness you don’t normally find. I have great surfing friends in San Clement too. Glad we were able to win. Troy is one of the most accurate frozen rope throwing QB’s I’ve ever seen at Utah. Hope he plays with a chip on his shoulder and the receivers can keep up next week. I don’t know who set up this schedule, but I hope we never have to go this long without a bye again!

1 3

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’ve seen enough games with Troy Williams to see why Petersen did not care if he left UW. Troy Williams is no Jake Browning.

I will give Travis Wilson the read option expertise. He sucked in short yardage with it, but otherwise was proficient.

Troy is not nearly as good as Travis on the read option. Where I thought Troy would be the better passer, he has turned out to be horribly inaccurate. Today he overthrew 5 yard passes that Travis sometimes made. Today I saw Troy not sell the run on an option and merely dump off the ball to the RB who got creamed. He was ok saving his body so the RB could get creamed. Ummm ok.

I predict that Huntley will be the starter next year.

DanielLaRussoUte
        Ute Fan
        @daniellarussoute

After 12 years of Whittinghack-QB recruits, I fail to see how anyone can be hopeful about the current crop we have.
        Then again, I was probably the only person who wasn’t high on Williams after seeing his game film. So maybe the problem is with me.

Anonymous
          Inactive

I think Williams is good and has had quarters of very good play.  He has also had several quarters of terrible plays.  I think the coaches are to blame for a lot of that.  Game plan is easy to scheme for.  With no Patrick and Handley no threats at all.  

Anonymous
          Inactive

After 7 games, you know what you got. We now know why Petersen bought him a bus pass home.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

I would rather have Troy Williams over Travis Wilson any day of the week. Receiver’s need to catch the damn ball, and ARod needs to figure out how to call a game, and adjust to what the defense is doing.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Pretty surprised at the comments here. One of the last things I was worried about today was Troy. He missed some passes, but also never had the opportunity to get in a rythem.

The offensive play calling today was a goddamn joke. Troy wasn’t good. He ran well, got a win. But if you’re saying you’d rather have Travis Wilson back there? Well, I’ll have whatever you’re smoking.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I said it somewhere else but this pathetic performance was 90% coaching.  10% were the players.  Just pathetic play calls and you could tell that no one wanted to be there when they decided to sit on a 12 point lead.  Even with that two minutes going into the half you wasted all of that time with hand offs.  Just take a knee for hell sake why expose Joe Williams with potential for fumbles, injuries or wearing his body down more.  
        Troy Williams is much better than Wilson and anyone that doesn’t see that is crazy. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Go back and look at the tape. Troy’s poor performance was largely due to him and him alone. It was due to horrifically bad accuracy, not dropped passes. I think he has gotten lazy with his throwing mechanics. He’s sailing balls on short passes. Underthrew a long completion that should have been a TD had he lead the receiver. Bad reads. He even blew a traditional QB Option by not selling the run. Something is wrong. Maybe his ribs are bashed and he’s gun shy of getting hit?

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Troy Williams Stats