Tucson article re Utah is pretty brutal

Viewing 7 reply threads

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Link

The opener:

“Not one Arizona football player would start for Utah. Not a guard, not a safety, not a punter, not a slot receiver. Put it down: 0 for 24.”

10 2

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Rich Rod termination regret.

Thanks for posting this article btw. That is the most pleasing and respectfully written articles by an opponent I can ever remember reading. Local media should take note.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

“The Utes have never been better. They are playing at a level that Arizona can’t hope to duplicate. The Utes have won the last three meetings by a combined score of 108-57.

Now the Wildcats have become Utah’s yearly gimme.”

Wow. How many Arizona fans would have believed that within 10 years of our joining the conference they wouldn’t be able to “hope to duplicate” Utah’s level of play?? How many non-delusional Utah fans for that matter? I really hope Kyle doesn’t believe in early retirement.

Great find on the article. Thanks for posting.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

I almost feel like this writer is trying to light a fire under AZ. He’s going out of his way to throw shade. Saying that not a single player would start for Utah is a pretty damning slight. .

Utahute72
        Ute Fan
        @utahute72

Yea, I’d rather have their players popping off about how they are tougher.

leftyjace
        Ute Fan
        @leftyjace

It should be noted that the author graduated from Utah State and then started his journalism career right here in Utah.
        Not sure if that means he’d have a propensity to throw shade or not.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Maybe. But he’s not wrong. They’re RB is damn good but even he wouldn’t be starting.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Is Barry Switzer writing for them? 😄

eyesonU
        Ute Fan
        @eyesonu

That’s exactly what crossed my mind as I read it. Let’s hope we aren’t as arrogant as Alabama was.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Wait until the Utes go to the Rose Bowl… something that Arizona has yet to do.

2 1

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

I’ll bet their Kicker has a good shot at starting for Utah.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Still not happy with Redding???  I hope the Utah punt team got a lot of work at practice this week.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I could definitely see the columnist hoping the article is taped around Arizona’s locker room. Hoping Zona doesn’t go the path of Bronco’s BYU.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tucson article re Utah is pretty brutal