Tyler Huntley is the best QB in the state and it’s not close

Viewing 8 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Five games into the season, Tyler has had a great season.  Some suggested that he was the third best QB in the state. I personally thought that Love was the best QB in Utah.

Huntley has been amazing.  Love has struggled at times and Wilson has been very average. 

I think there is a legit argument that TH is the best QB in the conference. Eason is very good, but outside Eason – there is no QB in the conference playing nearly as well as Tyler. 

jp31
      Ute Fan
      @jp31

I have zero complaints about him last night. He played great.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

I’ve been lukewarm on Huntley for a long time. Dude has balled out the last two games and he’s quickly becoming one of my favorite players. A few things:

-Ludwig is putting him in a position to succeed 

-Decision making is much improved

-Announcers did a nice breakdown last night of how he kept his eyes upfield, as opposed to tucking and running 

-He’s sliding and making better decisions when running 

-He’s acting like a Sr. Quarterback and has matured

One con, he still seems to be throwing a bit too hard on the short routes. I think that’s part of the reason we’ve had drops. Folks catching also need to step it up. 

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

He did miss a couple of wide open receivers, but that is a minor quibble.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Huntley is fantastic. There’s no other way to put it. I wish we could’ve seen what he would’ve done in the home stretch of last season.

It’s also so awesome to see his “intangibles” as a player. You can tell that he is a great leader on this team and that everyone rallies around him.

Kudos to Ludwig as well who has done a pretty damn good job. We heard that he was all about tailoring his offense to the players he’s got; and for the most part I think he’s done just that. A few head scratchers on the goal line over the last two weeks, but the gameplan last night was great. It’s been great to watch the offense evolve.

Go Utes!

COUte
      Ute Fan
      @coute

QBR showed her played a nearly perfect game. He tried to bullet a few balls to some receivers with wet hands on some slants, but other than that, he was great.

astUTE
      Ute Fan
      @astute

Best game I’ve ever seen him play.  He had the confidence and the patience to stand in the pocket, make more than one read, and throw effectively.  Usually, he ran when he absolutely needed to escape (not needed too often), or when he saw that running was wide open and his best opportunity.  (I will say that dump off, that went for a first down, as he was being sacked, could just have easily been a turnover.)

It helps, that the Oline, provided an effective pocket last evening.

Kudos to Ludwig for teaching Huntley patience, providing the basis for confidence, limiting his running options, and to Harding for having the Oline playing better.

Nice win!

Minneapolitan_Ute
        Ute Fan
        @minneapolitanute

Remember though, that dump off that went for a first down was on a 4th down so a turnover would have been no big deal, heady play to take the risk there. 

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Yep.  But all credit to THAT play goes to Brumfield.  That was an unscripted, complete-total-heads-up play by him.

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

His ability to throw while moving is amazing. Would love to see his completion percentage if you remove drops. My guess is its around 85% which is incredible but even moreso because we are not dinking and dunking.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Where he stacks up in the Pac12 is what matters. Quit being small-minded. Quit playing into these stupid, local conversations. We are in a P5 conference will REAL P5 QBs.

Is he better than Eason, Herbert, Tate, Montez? This is what matters!

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Tyler Huntley is the best QB in the state and it’s not close