U of Pay

Viewing 4 reply threads

eyesonU
      Ute Fan
      @eyesonu

Why is Sean Miller still allowed to coach? I understand due process, but when you are on an FBI wiretap stating your willingness to pay players, your innocence becomes much more suspect. You would think the conference would step in and at the very least start an investigation. Has Larry Scott even said anything about this? 

It’s a failure on all levels in my opinion. The NCAA, the conference, and the school are all responsible to hold someone like this accountable. The fact they are allowing him to continue speaks volumes to where their priorities really lie.

I don’t think he’ll coach beyond this season and maybe everything goes down in the upcoming off-season. It just leaves a bad taste in my mouth. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I’m not sure the FBI wiretap actually exists. I thought they determined it was fake news, or at least embellished.

I believe Arizona and Miller are dirty cheaters but if history has shown us anything, it’s that they’ll get a slap on the wrist and continue cheating. It’s just how the NCAA works.

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

One problem is that the NCAA does not have subpoena powers nor can it perform wiretaps, etc.

They are at the mercy of the FBI, their timelines and potential deal-making.

Let’s say its true there was a phone call wherein $100k payment was “discussed”.  Does that mean Sean Miller offered it?  Did someone ask for the money and Sean expressed eagerness, some willingness, or no willingness to pay up?  Were any actual payments made?  We don’t know.  I suppose we can assume he didn’t hang up on the guy or the FBI wouldn’t be interested.   

Coach Kodiak has said he has some confidence Arizona is paying for recruits, word gets around when an interested player suddeny stops talking to you.   Anyway, this didn’t come out of the blue.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

It isn’t just that Larry K knows Zona is paying players. That recruit through his “agent” starts to float 10 k for transcripts and 30k for his commitment. When you are told by the kid who goes to Zona we need you to pay X to keep me on the team that seems pretty conclusive. 

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

If I understand correctly the actual FBI never were the ones that released details about the wiretap. That’s not to say there isn’t an investigation ongoing. But the source was never named in the articles that I read.

Even if he is guilty I would like to see people that are accused of wrongdoing get due process. We have a culture that no matter where an accusation comes from you are guilty until proven innocent. At least by the hoards of judges on the internet.

1 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I have zero confidence in the FBI to do their job correctly. Obviously recent national news events demonstrate a complete lack of credibility or investigation skills. As far as an ESPN writer writing a story and then standing behind him?  I would say they have much more to lose in doing that versus Sean Miller reading a prepared statement. Obviously lawyers all around making decisions. 

I have said it before all these major programs don’t fear anything. FBI, Media and especially the NCAA. Zona probably will claim that they have been punished enough and receive no sanctions. Again you cover up child rapes, gang rapes, hookers and blow with no real punishment paying players is actually not that bad. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

The Tape exsists. But it hasn;t and doesn’t need to be released to anyone. I’m sure all of thus will get sorted out. Miller is done @ U of A based on things I’ve read. Wont get fired but will move on I beleive.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.