Unpopular Opinion?

Viewing 10 reply threads
      11 6

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

Colorado is playing a game that’s enjoyable to watch and they have the capability of beating any team in the conference.

I know many here hate the attention and sideshow of their Coach, but their team is better than I ever expected them to be.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

They’re fun. And they have some nice skill positions.

But CSU consistently ate them up in the trenches on both sides tonight. They’ll lose and lose a lot. Because good pac-12 teams will throttle them on the LOS.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

Utah included. If we lose to them it will only be because we were eliminated from conference contention a week before and have a hangover or something like that. Because they can’t match up with us up front.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Oddly specific. If Utah can’t get healthy on the defense they could lose a lot of games. Pepa and Tafuna are critical for this season.

5 1

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I legitimately don’t think they do. Their defense isn’t good enough and as we saw tonight, once teams start getting film , as they are, it will be harder for CU to win.

And just a PSA, Colorado State is terrible. Tonight’s win doesn’t reflect all that well on CU.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

I went backwards on Colorado. Their slogan right now is “Do you believe now?” it seems. I believed to begin with, now I’m not so sure. One of the worst teams in college football comes to your home stadium, winless, commits almost 200 yards of penalties, and repeatedly shoots itself in the foot only for you to STILL have to make a miraculous drive and get a little lucky to even have a chance to win.

This is not good for CU, I thought they could possible (although not likely) beat anyone in the conference given the chance. After having seen them go down to the wire with an FCS level opponent I’m absolutely certain that’s not the case. The Buffs are going to have a long season and if the line is even somewhat favorable put money on the ducks. Buffs get smoked next week.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Colorado still hasn’t played anyone. TCU is NOT the same team that played for the NC last season. Nebraska and CSU are NOT good teams.

It’s all hype and show right now.

The Buffs D is horrible

Yards given up so far

TCU – 541
      Nebraska – 341
      Colo St – 499

The ducks will drop another 500+ on them

The Buff Oline is hot garbage. They have rushed as a team for 181 yards in 3 games and they lead the nation in sacks allowed.

As far as your statement they have the capability of beating any team in the conference..I guess any team on any giving Saturday can beat any team but ESPN gives Oregon a 94% chance of winning next week and USC a 90% chance of beating the Buffs.

Oregon USC UCLA Washington St and Utah will all beat Colorado.

4-5 in conference and 7-5 overall is still an amazing turnaround but they are not complete team and have gotten fat on an easy schedule so far that gets very difficult from this point on.

Prime has they hype machine in full effect but the lights go out next week.

lgt4141
        Ute Fan
        @lgt4141

The Prime effect does bring a lot of attention to the PAC 1. I would guess a lot of coaches, especially Coach Whittingham, love having the attention on someone else.

Don’t Prime and Whitt seem like complete opposites?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Smoke and mirrors.

4 1

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

I couldn’t stand Deion as an arrogant, self-absorbed, showboating player, and I find that I like him even less now that he’s an arrogant, self-absorbed, showboating coach. Funny thing is, I actually had a real soft spot for CU before he got there. Now, not so much.

Maybe I’ll be proven wrong and Deion proves to be the next coming of Bear Bryant, but I still suspect CU comes back to earth as teams get film on them and they run into depth issues. CSU is not good, and took them down to the wire. We’ll see what happens…their next two weeks (Oregon and USC) will tell us a lot.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

We’ll see what the hype train looks like after Oregon and USC humble them.

Can Prime be humbled?

Talked to a Duck booster yesterday and he said Oregon HC Dan Lanning wants to embarrass Colorado to back up his “What have they won” comments.

He has the team to make it happen.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Can’t stand rooting for Oregon, but I’d have to approve this…

7 1

RedUte14
          Ute Fan
          @redute14

definitely rooting for oregon on this one

UofU Fanatic
          Ute Fan
          @uofufanatic

It would likely be better for Utah if Oregon loses this one to help if there are tie breakers etc. We will lose games and will need help getting to championship game

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I watched the whole game. First of all it is a rivalry game so it is hard to analyze and apply it fairly. I still don’t get why it is a rivalry but it is a strange one.

CSU choked. I think Oregon is going to throttle Colorado. Shedeur Sanders is good for 2-3 turnovers a game. When those turnovers happen could be huge.

Tacoma Ute
        Ute Fan
        @tacomaute

I agree. Oregon by 20+. Maybe much more.

stbone
        Ute Fan
        @stbone

CU’s rival is Nebraska, not CSU. CU/CSU is no more of a rivalry that Utah/Utah State. CSU get’s up for the game, but, the history of the game is ridiculously one sided, and the game is only meaningful in that a CU loss let’s you know that they really suck.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Based on the emotion of that game I would not even say it is comparable to UU and USU. There is a ton of bad blood for some reason.
          Also ESPN mentioned it was this huge rivalry every other down. They sold me. Like I said I don’t get it.

stbone
            Ute Fan
            @stbone

I grew up in CO as a CU and a CSU fan and can tell you, from a fan’s perspective, it isn’t a rivalry.

Since 1983, the series is 25-8. The game can be chippy at times (Bradley Van Pelt years), but generally it is a one-sided blow out. The chippiness usually starts from the CSU side, because their players know they weren’t good enough to be recruited by CU, and so they play with attitude trying to prove themselves. CU usually only starts to respond with emotion when the game is close. Otherwise, CU’s attitude towards the game is like being annoyed by your little brother.

The chippiness in the CU/CSU game is very similar to what happens if Utah/Utah State start playing a really close game. The chippiness isn’t because the CU players care about CSU, it is just that they don’t want to lose to CSU. Beating CSU does NOTHING for CU’s season, losing to CSU for CU just sucks.

krindor
              Ute Fan
              @krindor

That sounds a LOT like the Utah-USU rivalry; 25-5 since 1983

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

Last night’s game was the first time I’ve seen Colorado and the thing that surprised me most was how often Shedeur got tackled in open space by a single defender. He’s clearly still a good runner but I was shocked at how many times he appeared easy to tackle.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

He makes a lot of instant quick reads designed to get the ball out quick. He clearly has a lot of skill. More and more film will make it easier to stay in your spot and make the play. CSU was so emotional and undisciplined I still have no idea how good that CU offense was.
        One thing is very very clear. You don’t play a zone. If Utah can get pressure with four. Which I think most grownup teams can do CU is in for a bad day. Like you said Sanders isn’t that elusive. Not like Caleb Williams.

Caliman
      Ute Fan
      @elguapoute

Colorado will get a reality check when they run into Utah. They will also not beat USC, OR, OR st, and possibly not even WSU.

Bubbles
      Ute Fan
      @genxute

The Urban Meyer turn around at Utah, reminds me a lot of what Deion is doing with Colorado.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Unpopular Opinion?