Update on Oregon Schedule

Viewing 3 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

I made a mistake in my previous analysis as both Texas Tech (near loss in Lubbock) and Hawaii (barely) are ranked ahead of Washington in total defense. That being said, I think my point still stands. Oregon has not played any team that is remotely as competent in defense as Utah and Saturday’s result will reflect that fact.

In case anyone is interested, here are the rankings of the FBS defenses that Oregon has played so far:
      #59 Texas Tech
      #82 Hawaii
      #130 Colorado (Note: Worst defense in the FBS)
      #127 Stanford
      #83 Washington
      #115 Washington State

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Tech had that game won and folded in the last few minutes. Oregon kicked a FG with just over a minute to go to gain a 1-point lead. Tech threw a pick-6 with a few seconds left to give Oregon a 38-30 victory. By the way, Texas Tech is not a great team.

A couple of things Tech did against Oregon.

1. They kept Oregon’s running game in check. If I remember right – Nix was their leading rusher. OU does not want that.
      2. Tech ran the ball successfully against Oregon. Every other team passed heavily against Oregon, especially the last two weeks.

So how do we win? IMO – hold their running game to < 150 yards. Have a good enough offensive attack to keep the ball out of their hands. If we have a bunch of three and outs, we are doomed. Forcing a few turnovers would help.

Oregon is a very good team on both sides of the ball. But, I think they are beatable. We don’t want a shootout like the UW/Oregon game. We are not that team. We need to grind out a win.

alexsmith
        Ute Fan
        @alexsmith

I like this idea, force them to run for less than 150 and we rush for 150-200 and we are in a great spot

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Texas Tech is not a great team.

That’s the understatement of the year. Tech is the Stanford of the Big XII. They are currently 11th in the 14 team league and 3-5 overall.

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

Oregon also struggled at Texas Tech, pulling that game out in the last two minutes. RES needs to be popping to help the Utes towards victory

1 1

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

My fear is that I watched Bo Nix tear us apart with his arm when he could barely walk last year.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

Yeah not really.

Utah’s D held Oregon to 346 yards and 20 points at home.

Utah’s offense and Cam really struggled in the cold.

Nix made some plays to move the chains on 3rd and 4th down. The ducks were 50% for the game converting 3rd and 4th downs. If Utah’s D could’ve just come up with a couple of extra stops. To say he tore us up is a little exaggerated.

The Miami Ute
          Ute Fan
          @themiamiute

Facts. If CP3 doesn’t get shoestringed tackled by a Duck receiver when he picked off Nix late in the 4th QTR, he walks into the end zone and Utah wins that game.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Rising played probably his worst game ever at Autzen.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

21-38/170 yards/0 TDs/3 INTs…Yeap…

D T
        Ute Fan
        @azute1

Tore us apart? UO scored just 20 pts.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Update on Oregon Schedule