Urban Meyer ?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

There are SC fans clamoring for the Trojans to go after Urban. Their thinking goes something like this:

Ohio State and Urban part ways because of all of the kerfuffle lately. USC swoops in with an offer he couldn’t refuse. 

That would be a deadly combination if it were ever to happen. I wonder if Meyer would do that?  I always thought Ohio State would be his final HC stop. Meyer has to be 56 years old, or so.

Anyone think his health might be an “issue” right about now?

Would he coach against his ol’ buddy Kyle?

That would worry me more than Chip Kelly at UCLA. 

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Urban Meyer is 54 years old (July 10th, 1964).

I’m not completely sold that Ohio State is done with him. I think the notion is kind of ridiculous since the school probably could have parted ways with him earlier if they wanted too, but now because he lost one game they are ready to pull the trigger? I’m not so sure about that.

That said, USC isn’t quite the same as Ohio State for Urban since he’s from Ohio, went to school in Ohio and has put down roots again there.

It would be a deadly combination and probably a good fit, but I’m not sure it happens. Also, would USC be willing to go after a coach that has had issues at his previous two stops?

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Random list of potential names (all this assuming Clay really does get fired)

-Tosh Lupoi (Alabama DC)

-Matt Campell (Iowa State HC)

-Mark Stoops (Kentucky HC)

-Dave Aranda (LSU DC)

-Josh Huepel  (UCF HC)

-Mike Leach (WSU HC) loolz jk

-Jimmy Lake (UW DC)

-Gary Patterson (TCU HC)

PlainsUte
          Ute Fan
          @plainsute

Funny thing about that list is that nearly half were on the sidelines with Bob Stoops in 1999 or are related to Bob Stoops. Speaking of whom, you left out getting Bob Stoops out of retirement.

FtheY
          Ute Fan
          @fthey

Anyone think Tom Herman would pull a lane kiffin, like lane kiffin, to go to USC? Granted, it would be after two years, instead of one. 

When USC gets their premier coach, they will become a juggernaut. 

Chidojuan
            Ute Fan
            @chidojuan

I still don’t understand why they haven’t gotten their premier coach yet. I get that they were sanctioned, but it’s still USC.

gothamute
      Ute Fan
      @gothamute

He has always said his dream job is Notre Dame, but Kelly seems to have righted the ship so don’t think that job is open right now.

Agreed, despite the recent articles of a “rift” growing between Urban and tOSU administration, it seems like the time to part ways would have been when they could have tried to fire him for cause in Aug/Sep, not now (or end of the season) when they’d have to swallow his buyout. So I have doubts he’s anywhere but Columbus next year.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I always thought ND was his dream job. He just wants to be part of the Football tradition forever.

USC could certainly pay him and I think he would kill it there. 

Anonymous
        Inactive

That’s what is funny. There seems to be financial short fall in the Trojan Athletics Department. Go figure. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I think USC is going to be looking for a new coach at the end if this year. I dont see Urban coaching anywhere other than OSU next year. He’s under contract for a lot of money. Unless he has more “health” issues he’ll be there next year. If he has health issues he won’t be coaching anywhere, just like what happened after Florida.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

in hindsight USC should have given Ed Orgeron a shot when he was at USC

Chidojuan
        Ute Fan
        @chidojuan

He’s not eloquent enough. They can handle a bit of a Southern drawl from Kiffin, but a full on bayou accent would be too much for them.

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

Big game Bob to USC very interesting.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Pac-12 Urban Meyer ?