Utah Baseball

Viewing 3 reply threads

Vuksi
      Ute Fan
      @vuksinick

I know there is not a lot of interest in the baseball team but it would be nice to see some game summary or stats on a weekly basis of the team. Heard Bill calling the game this Sunday morning and they was doing well

Distantute
      Ute Fan
      @distantute

I follow them. Another typical year – pitching suspect. Theyve lost every series but 1 (byu).

Vuksi
        Ute Fan
        @vuksinick

I did find info on the pac-12 app but I find it sad that a Utah app doesn’t follow them

Vuksi
        Ute Fan
        @vuksinick

Thank you. Most Utah fans trend to football. It’s nice to know someone else follows other sports

2 11

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Utah baseball should be eliminated.
      It’s a drain on the athletic dept budget.
      No on campus facilities. No body goes to game but families and girlfriends.
      One fluke championship but spends most of their time in the bottom third of the conference.

Eliminate it and start a Men’s T&F program.

1 1

Vuksi
        Ute Fan
        @vuksinick

Apparently you are not a baseball fan. If you were you’d understand that their careers start at the college level. I applaud the university for giving these young men an opportunity to advance that idea. Based on your opinion should they also rid themselves of tennis or softball or even the computer games they play at half time of the basketball games. My point is that all sports are important to those that the play them. Just because you don’t support them doesn’t mean they aren’t meaningful.

AZUTE
          Ute Fan
          @azute

Actually I’m a huge baseball fan. What I’m not a fan of is constantly losing. Men’s tennis wins regularly as dose women’s volleyball and so on. Even the golf team is getting an indoor facility. The university doesn’t put any money into the program. Kinneburg should’ve been fired years ago if the university was serious about Utah baseball. When the U has to pay rent to use Smith’s ball park and then 1500 people show up is the U making money on that deal?

I love baseball but Utah can’t compete in the Pac12 until the athletic dept gets serious about the program. Which they aren’t going to do so you might as well get rid of it and save the money or put that money into something else like a Men’s T&F or volleyball team maybe women’s golf.

1 1

Trailgoat
          Ute Fan
          @utahgoat

College Baseball is amazing in the right environment. Utah has no business fielding a college baseball team. Makes no sense. Similar to Florida having an Alpine ski team. Baseball is 100% a warmer weather sport. Nothings worse than playing baseball in cold weather. Those who played the game know what I’m talking about.

Unless Utah is committed to an on campus dome stadium, we all know that won’t happen, the program will never be competitive. Utah baseball will be a P12 practice game for the other P12 teams. Crazy Utah won a P12 Championship with an overall losing record in 2016. Other than that anomoly year the program has been horrible.

First 20 or so games every year are on the road. Utah does not get consistent baseball weather until May and nobody goes to the games. Utah would be better off cutting their loses and replacing baseball with a woman’s lacorsse team. Would love to see Utah Baseball thrive. Too much working against them.

AZUTE
            Ute Fan
            @azute

Just to add. Every sports team at Utah has had some sort of facilities upgrade since joining the Pac12 except baseball and I think swimming but how do you upgrade water?

I know the U tried to build an on campus field on guardsmen but they got pushback from the city on the exact location resulting in a kind of awkward setup making that field almost useless. Some other business in the area complained about lighting at night and increased traffic in the area.

Until the Athletic dept starts taking baseball seriously the results will be equal to their efforts.

Understand I’m not blaming the players. They just wanna play and get an education and more power to emm.

This is about the Athletic dept and if they can’t fully find a program they should just drop it all together.

highlandute7
              Ute Fan
              @highlandute7

I fully am in support of the baseball team and giving young men the opportunity to play and compete while getting an education at a PAC-12 school. 

I have heard that they are looking and trying to find a location on campus for a new field. Not sure how far along that is but it apparently is being looked at. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Nice topic. Feel free to start more topics about any of your favorite Utah sports. 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.