Utah Defense > Washington Defense

Viewing 3 reply threads

BJA 13
      Ute Fan
      @bja13

Amazing performance by our defense against a senior QB and a much more seasoned  offense, only giving up 3 points being on the field most of the night…. AATrue “Bend but don’t break” defense.  Hats off to the players and coaches on that side of the ball.  Washington had multiple possessions inside the Utah 40 and came away empty.  Great game plan and execution.  

The offense was patched together and frankly tried to force what wasn’t there.   Not TTs finest game plan or execution by the players.   BUT we still had a chance to tie it up at the end. Utah ultimately came up short.

If Shyne struggles so much, why not give more carries to Brumfield or Even put Bernard back there?  He started as running back at BYU.  

Really good season overall.  Fun to get 14 games!

Go Utes!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

Oh yeah. Absolutely. We shut them DOWN, and our D was gassed. Love Shelley, but UW was too much for him.

5 1

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Don’t get me wrong our defense played lights out all night, however since UW’s defense scored as many points as both offenses combined, advantage UW defense.

When have you seen a game where a defense matches the point total of two offenses.

BJA 13
        Ute Fan
        @bja13

This is true.  And the take-aways were huge . 

But considering our offense vs theirs:

– Gaskins vs Shyne

– Freshman vs Senior QB

– Covey injured

– Green sick

I’d say Utah over achieved.  

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Bull s**t. The UW player didn’t make that play happen. Catch the ball Mariner!

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I really think that if Mariner hauls in that pass we  win the game.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

I agree, we were in scoring position and playing great on D.  At the worst we get 3 points and they have to score to tie or win.

Anonymous
        Inactive

#metoo

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah Defense > Washington Defense