Utah dominates player of the week honors

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

SAN FRANCISCO – Utah junior offensive lineman Nick Ford, junior linebacker Devin Lloyd and sophomore quarterback Cameron Rising have all collected weekly accolades from the Pac-12, the conference office announced on Monday. Ford was named Offensive Line Player of the Week, Lloyd the Defensive Player of the Week and Rising the league’s Offensive Player of the Week.

Rising wins the OPOW for the second consecutive week in spite of two interceptions.

Earlier on Monday, Rising was named a “Star of the Week” by the Manning Award. He is the first Utah player to win consecutive Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Week honors and seventh in the Pac-12 era.

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I thought last night, that I wouldn’t be surprised if Rising won it again.

I was wondering who they would pick for OPOW this week, and I scanned the box scores of all Pac-12 games, and didn’t see anybody except maybe de Laura with similar and definitely not better stats. No offensive player had as impressive a game, I thought. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You know I didn’t even realize how well Ford played. Good for him. Oline does light years better with Rising and his ability to run. 

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah dominates player of the week honors