Utah vs Florida

Viewing 13 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

So excited we are playing Florida and to experience the Swamp next year. Just curious, who is planning to travel to Gainesville?

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

I will be there. 🙂

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

What a game in which to start a playoff run! You know a lot of eyes are gonna be on this game and Oregon Georgia. I wouldn’t be surprised if we’re both on CBS that day.

I was planning to go, but it’s highly likely I’m gonna be having a knee or a hip replaced right around then. 😳. I dunno which yet. They’re both really bad.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

This guy

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I’m planning on it. I have a client in Orlando, so I think I’ll be visiting them the day before. #businesstrip

gandalf
      Ute Fan
      @gandalf

I’ll be there. The Swamp will be toasty over Labor Day weekend. I’m hoping for a night game.

GorillaMask
      Ute Fan
      @gorillamask

I’ll be there with my family of four. Always wanted to go to a game at the Swamp, but never thought it would be against my Utes. Can’t wait! 

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Yes need to go to Florida. The Florida culture is great for me, although the Keys that are the best part of Florida are a long way from Gainesville. Maybe I gota try the panhandle.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

I love the Keys. We went to Dry Tortugas when we were there last. That was just amazing fun. One of the most remote National Parks, along with Gates of the Arctic. I loved snorkeling at Fort Jefferson.

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I’ve been to Miami 3 times this year. First time to Key West in February since the hurricane craziness in 2017. Yes I was there. And Houston after I think was Harvey. Bottom line, if you’re on the ground, and lots of standing water with power lines down, stand down.

Not so funny, I typed, Hugo at first for Houston 2017. Anyone trying to crush, Travis Scott. F**k you.

Travis Scott was very much engaged after Harvey. That kid appreciates humanity more than anyone. He’s one of the most compassionate humans I’ve ever met. 

Johnny
          Ute Fan
          @johnny

In case people think I’m still on a bender. Yes. However, 2017 was weird. I jumped into Houston immediately after Harvey. I think September.

Then 18 more tropical storms came. 3 major hurricanes. Once I heard my people in PR were safe after the first hit, I felt ok in Houston. 

Then. I started to get texts from Porto Rico that things seemed to be getting bad. (Some from friends who escaped the VI from the 2nd hurricane. They all had to evacuate to PR).

It was bad. All airports in Puerto Rico shut down. Small island. My favorite island. Probably, Logan to Provo; Park City to Tooele. It’s not a huge area to evac to.(never go to the airport if we are worked. Likely the pilots same position as you)

Anyways, I’ll ramble some other time, I’ll tell you this. People all over the planet likely wearing white. So, pack an extra XL white tee-shirt. Bottom line

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

Strangely enough, my 2020 started with earthquakes in PR. Probably 70-80 earthquakes before I got off the island.(don’t storm the airport!)

I got back to SLC in February/March. Then more earthquakes. But the Utah earthquakes completely different. As most of us are in a liquefaction zone. Very wavy weird earthquakes here.

Lake Bonneville lake bed can be more wavey, than Shakey. When you’re on an island, a volcanic place(way scary BTW), it can be kind of creepy. Wavey, like in a boat.

Island earthquakes more Shakey. Like anyone on the 10th floor of a high rise will definitely be a stronger human than they were before.

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

Yeah I’ll be flying into JAX. Probably staying there. Anyone staying in JAX, let me know. I’m driving down

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I’ll def be there.

Dresden_Stormblessed
      Ute Fan
      @dresden

Bringing the whole squad of 4 of us down from North Carolina for that game. No way I’m missing it. Gonna be a BLAST. 

See y’all there fellas!

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

I’ll be there, probably with one of my kids. My aunt/uncle and a cousin live in JAX, so will fly in there and visit them as well. My BIL will likely bring a kid as well and we’ll head down to Gainseville on gameday. Expecting hot and muggy.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We need to post when tickets become available.

BoiseUTE
      Ute Fan
      @slarson150

I am going with my Gator alum friends from here in Boise. We plan on going to Gainesville game next year and the following year to Rice-Eccles game as well.

Viewing 13 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah vs Florida