Utah’s 2019 Schedule – Hot Take Incoming

Viewing 3 reply threads

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

I see another 9-3 season coming. Why? We always have a “wtf” loss. So there’s one loss. I doubt we get over the Washington hump. Peterson’s team is just better than ours. So there’s two losses. I’m also willing to bet that either: a) USC is much improved in 2019 or b) Leach works his magic and reloads yet again. So, we probably lose one of those two games, especially since we’ve struggled to beat USC in the Coliseum. 

Yes we don’t have back to back road trips this year. Yes we have two byes. Those two benefits give me hope that maybe we can squeeze in a tenth win next year.  But some of the teams we think will be easy wins will actually be better than expected. Some will probably be worse too so it will even out. 

The reality is the schedule isn’t really any softer than this year (with the exception of the no back to backs). The two teams we swap out in 2019 were wins in 2018, so you can’t really use that as justification for more wins in 2019. 

All that said, Ute fans, keep your expectations in check and enjoy the ride. Go Utes!

2 6

User Suspended
      @a2ute

At first blush…I see a somewhat wtf lose to UCLA

3 1

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yeah check out the first reply. This is like salt lick for Pace. 

Xanthis
      Ute Fan
      @xanthis

The reality is the schedule isn’t really any softer than this year

We are the only team to win the division with 5 road conference games. We had two sets of back to back road trips. This schedule is significantly easier than 2018. 

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yeah, his statement is just factually wrong. 

4 road conf games vs 5. 

No back to back conf games. 

8 games in the state of Utah vs 6. 

No Stanford or Oregon. 

Next year’s schedule is light years easier. 

Anonymous
          Inactive

I always have a bad feeling about visiting Arizona, either school, and USC. 

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

4 conf road gaves vs 5 – so? Here is Utah’s home and away conference record since 2011:

Home – 17-19

Away – 16-20

Practically the same. Your belief that having fewer road games really makes our schedule easier is factually wrong. 

No back to back conf games – I think you mean no back to back road conf. games? And you’re right, that is a softer part of our schedule when compared to 2018. However, playing UW and USC away from RES erases that soft part of the schedule in my mind. So call it a wash.

8 games in the state: Again, see our away record vs. home record. Home and Away records are virtually the same.

No Stanford or Oregon: Uh….we beat both of them this year. So……..?

Okay, with facts, I just proved to you that the schedule is in fact, not softer. Do you have anything else you’d like to throw at me?

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

To the coward that downvoted my reply: care to back up that downvote with anything substantative? 

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

I think I could get on board with the idea that there are certainly some “softer” parts of our schedule. Like what you mentioned plus two byes. 

However, there are also tougher parts of our schedule compared to 2018 as well. For example, playing at USC and at Washington poses a pretty tremendous challenge, considering we had both of those opponents at home in 2018. So, my point is that I think for now its probably more accurate to say the schedule is pretty similar, with some easier aspects and some more difficult aspects balancing each other out. 

Overall my point is I still see three losses on the schedule and we as fans shouldn’t turn zoob with our expectations. 

3 1

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Your last paragraph outs you. 

Who gives af about zoobs?

We return almost our whole team and have an easier schedule. I’m going to get excited and dream big.  FBYU and their moronic fans. 

They honestly think Heaps…I mean Hill…I mean Mangum…I mean Wilson is a future NFL QB and they will destroy Utah next year. And that’s just the silly beliefs they have about football. 

They are idiots. 

I’m going to enjoy the next year, because it’s gonna be great. Huntley will be amazing next year and we will remember it for a looong time. 

Dwight89
            Ute Fan
            @jordan-buckner

For someone who doesnt give af about zoobs you certainly have a lot to say about them. 

I just proved we don’t have an easier schedule, at least on paper. and You’re right, we return almost the whole team. Those two factors leads me to believe we will have another 9-3 record. Which is a great thing!

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Utah has a senior Qb playing in the TDS game usually that is a win. 

ironman1315
              Ute Fan
              @ironman1315

Utah has a senior Qb playing in the TDS game usually that is a win.

FTFY.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Utah’s 2019 Schedule – Hot Take Incoming