Ute FB Recruiting

Viewing 4 reply threads
      1 3

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Big day tomorrow for o’l kwitt.  Can he pull a rabbit out of the hat? Bascially the three 4* recruits the Utes have been persuing say they will make their decesion tomorrow.

Tomorrow will pretty much tell you if the slow play approach pays of or is a huge disaster.

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

FYI, we have 5 return missionaries coming back, plus the 2 4* QB transfers.  Those 7 won’t be added to our recruiting rankings.  I’m thinking we finish out this class pretty strong, but it won’t be reflected in our ranking because it will only show 17 or 18 commits.

10 3

User Suspended
        @a2ute

I hate the reasoning. You’re double dipping when you suggest we should add these 5 missionaires to the success of this class.  If this is the way you want to look at it then subtract all recuits from this years class who will be leaving for a mission

4 3

astUTE
          Ute Fan
          @astute

I gave Pace one of the thumbs up, and felt VERY dirty doing so – because even though I generally disagree with all of his posts, he is clearly right here.  

I don’t like much that Pace posts – but our recruiting classes could and definitely should be better (especially this year).

We have won back to back PAC-12 south tiitles, and will end up in the bottom half of the league in every recruiting measure.  

Everyone can dismiss this as “stars don’t mean anything”, “we develop talent rather than recruit it”, “we live in SLC, so we’re happy to get anyone we can get”, etc, etc, etc.  But the reaility is that every other progam in the south would get more recruiting benefit from 2 PAC-12 south titles in a row that we will get.

Now, off to the shower…..

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

It’s an anomoly in the process, it would make more sense to add the returned missionaries to the class they come back to, rather than when they sign (because they don’t really sign and may end up elsewhere when they come back). I do understand why they do it the way they do and don’t add transfers, because they are a year or more removed from when they were evaluated.

RiseasUtes
          Ute Fan
          @riseasutes

Moeai, Togiai, and Tanuvasa are the only 3 guys that we are targeting that are mission bound.  Every year will be different as far as when missions end or if a player stays 1 year and then leaves.  I’m not making excuses for the class(I think this class will be great), I’m giving context to an imperfect formula.

Redblood
      Ute Fan
      @redblood

One of them is waiting until Thursday.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hey can you not hit return a bunch of times after your post? Thanks.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Big day tomorrow for o’l kwitt.  Can he pull a rabbit out of the hat? Bascially the three 4* recruits the Utes have been persuing say they will make their decesion tomorrow.

Tomorrow will pretty much tell you if the slow play approach pays of or is a huge disaster.

My bet is you will be embarrassed by this post come sundown on Thursday.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

What is there for him to be embarrassed about regarding that particular post? 

All he is saying is that either this approach will pay off or it won’t and we are about to find out which it is.

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Because he’s set it up that he expects a massive recruiting failure, and if it’s a success then it’s some kind weird happen stance.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Ute FB Recruiting