Utes Take Down The First #4 Team

Viewing 7 reply threads

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Runnin Utes take down #4 Arizona – a nice precursor to Utah defeating another #4 team tomorrow in football!

belli1976
      Ute Fan
      @belli1976

What makes this a bit sweeter, Pelle Larson went 0 for 5.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Funnest basketball game I’ve been to in a long time. Utah was clamps on D and executed the offense pretty well.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

Tons of guys played better than usual. Worster nearly had a triple double. That’s impressive in College ball especially.

Carlson and Madsen both shot well. Keita had 7 pts and 11 boards.

Whoever said Ben Carlson is like Riley Battin (someone posted it a week or two ago) is a fool. Dude dunked over somebody. Riley Battin is a worse athlete than my 91 year old grandpa.

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Craig Smith’s first signature win. Hopefully, there are many more to come.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

This team doesn’t have a ton of talent. Certainly nobody that can assert their will on offense like Poeltl or Delon… BUT, while the players on this team ARE flawed, they all have things that they are good at, and if they can put it together consistently, they can be a decent team.

If FANS START SHOWING UP! This sort of thing will happen more often.

4 1

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Fans: Please stay away. I can drive home from a basketball game in 15 minutes. Takes me 45 after a football game. Don’t mess up my drive. 😉

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

You don’t have to worry about me at least. I’m 30+ hours away.

The Miami Ute
            Ute Fan
            @themiamiute

Mongolia?

chinngiskhaan
              Ute Fan
              @chinngiskhaan

nah… Eastern US (30+ hrs driving). Love me some Mongolia though.

The Miami Ute
                Ute Fan
                @themiamiute

Yeah, I can tell by your handle…national hero there…

DrahtUte
        Ute Fan
        @drahtute

I would have agreed with you before tonight but I don’t think you beat Arizona unless you have some legit talent. Heart and effort can only take you so far.

I saw enough from Worster, Madsen, Keita and Lazar to convince me they can join Carlsen as solid players. Ben Carlsen showed us a few things too. 

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

All players in D1 have some skill or physical attribute that is elite or close to it… but we don’t have anyone that can get a bucket regardless of who is guarding them, not even close really.

Jakob Poeltl could physically dominate most other bigs inside, and had great touch around the basket. Delon could drive and get a layup against most defenders as well. We don’t have anyone that can do those kinds of things on this team… but that’s okay, we’ll get there if we keep playing hard, and fans start showing up again. Someone will want to play for us.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

There was more electricity in the Hunty than I have seen in many, many years. Utah lead the entire game. The best part was when Az cut the Ute’s halftime lead of 18 down to 6 with a big play late and a loud U of A chant started up with the timeout. Promptly after that the Utes built the lead back to 20 and the many Cat fans went quiet. Az did not play bad, the Utes just played better than I thought was possible.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Loved it the Utes shut down the opposing fan base so quickly. I started singing

Can you hear the Zona fans? No no.
      I can’t hear a *(*(&(#%#% one!

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Utes Take Down The First #4 Team