Veltray Jefferson

Viewing 2 reply threads

MDUte
      Ute Fan
      @mdute

So with Veltray Jefferson asking out of his NLI, what does that mean for our scholarship count? Do we have another spot available for someone in the portal to go after? Was this already accounted for since we’ve known Jefferson was not coming for a few weeks now? 

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Yes it does free up a spot…could use it on the right transfer but I’m not sure that guy is out there right now. Might save it for the 2022 class unless there is a home run in the portal.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

Does this mean we don’t have a shot (not in the mix) for either Henry To’oTo’o or Palaie Gaoteote? I realize we’re loaded at LB already but either of these would be significant impact players and roster upgrades.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Would be completely shocked if we used that spot on an LB. Guess it’s not impossible but kids still entering the portal. If I had to guess we’d look at WR first but would have to be a no brainer (actually will have one or two more in the room than we had last year) and then maybe an O-lineman but I think we can bring in a JC kid as a PWO if needed. Outside of that we’ll use it on next years class where the need may be greater after a few early entry departures.

MDUte
            Ute Fan
            @mdute

Ok cool, thanks as always OnlyU!

PhiladelphiaUte
      Ute Fan
      @philadelphiaute

What a shame.  I was truly excited about this player.  A WR/LB hybrid?  That opens a LOT of doors, and really showcases the sort of elite athleticism this guy brings to the table.

I guess he’ll just be bringing it to Fresno St’s table now.  Jordan Wilmore too — yet another athlete I was very sorry to see go.  If given a choice, I’d have picked Wilmore over top-talents like Pledger or Curry.

Jake
        Ute Fan
        @jutahfootball

Wilmore was never impressive and was passed up by two freshman, to be fair we haven’t seen what Pledger and Curry can do in our system, I would still bet that at least one of them is better than him, if not both.

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Watching curry at LSU he reminds me of Ty. Not quite as dynamic, but a similar style of running back. He’ll be good

PhiladelphiaUte
          Ute Fan
          @philadelphiaute

Wilmore didn’t get “passed up”.  He got “nicked up”.  And he didn’t get healthy until after Jordan finally shored up the spot.

Jake
            Ute Fan
            @jutahfootball

OnlyU has made it clear multiple times that Wilmore was healthy at the end of the season and could’ve played but didn’t because he was 3/4th string, he averaged 4 yards per carry less than Ty and 2 yards per carry less than Bernard, he got passed up.

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

“I’m taking my talents to Fresno.” 😂

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Veltray Jefferson