Wazzu coach fired!

Viewing 5 reply threads
      3 1

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

Can the Cougars of Pullman rally around the interim coach Saturday against the Cougars of Flukesville?

Wazzu +3.5

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Let’s hope so.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wow they don’t mess around like USC does when canning coaches. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Wait…. so they fired him because he refused to get vaxxed?

S.CarolinaUte
        Ute Fan
        @s-carolinaute

Yes, also fired 4 assistant coaches. Will set back team considerably. 

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

Do they have to buy out his contract? Or is not getting vaxxed a terminable cause to cancel the contract?

NarfUte
            Ute Fan
            @narfute

They said he was fired with cause, but I’m sure there will be lawsuits. Or, he could have been paid off with a non-disclosure

NarfUte
        Ute Fan
        @narfute

Yep. State of washington mandated all public employees had to be fully vaxxed by 10/18 or have been granted an exemption. He was the highest paid state of WA public employee and his exemption was denied.

Honestly though, he might benefit from being out of WSU and will get a better job – especially since they’ve won 3 in a row

2 1

MacKidsAlumn
          Ute Fan
          @chris-kellerhsc-utah-edu

I can’t imagine any university president approving the hire of Rolovich in the future. He turned this whole thing into a cluster-cuss, for all the Wazzu players. He has ruined his career as a head coach in college football. Since he is a run-and-shoot disciple and there has not been a pure NFL run-and-shoot team in years. Headshot to his career.

As a side note, he would run into the same issue if he stayed at Hawaii. The state of Hawaii has a similar mandate as Washington.

Ghost of the HEB
        Ute Fan
        @deseretgentlman

Yep

16 2

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Coercion is not the best policiy IMHO. 

9 13

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

You’re right. You’d think the best policy would be for people to take the best route to protect themselves and everyone else in society…

13 10

Paul Berg
          Ute Fan
          @gaute

Why are you concerned about whether someone else has been vaxxed if you have been. I would assume that you chose to be for your protection.

7 3

SkinyUte
            Ute Fan
            @skinyute

As a relatively healthy middle-aged dude, I’m not particularly concerned for me (although it’s worth noting that no vaccine is 100% effective).

I’m very concerned about my co-worker with mast cell activation syndrome who can’t get vaccinated because it might kill her.  Or my friend who is severely immunocompromised due to a kidney transplant.  Or my cousin going through cancer treatments who hasn’t received approval from his doctor to get it.

11 8

Utebeam
              Ute Fan
              @utebeam

And those people have to make tough decision on protecting themselves. My vaccination doesn’t protect them. I can still get them sick even though I don’t get as sick. Unfortunately, they have to take extreme measures but the rest of us have to live our lives. Sorry but I’m tired of everyone else’s health problems being my responsibility. Btw I’m vaxed and believe in it but don’t push other’s problems onto me. We are each responsible for our own health.

5 5

SkinyUte
                Ute Fan
                @skinyute

Unfortunately, they have to take extreme measures but the rest of us have to live our lives.”

How, excactly, is getting a vaccine shot a barrier to someone “living their life”?  

Sorry but I’m tired of everyone else’s health problems being my responsibility. Btw I’m vaxed and believe in it but don’t push other’s problems onto me. We are each responsible for our own health.”

I’m not sure how to convince someone that they should care about other people. Especially when the effort required to do so is remarkably minimal.

6 3

Utebeam
                  Ute Fan
                  @utebeam

Did you miss the part where I said my vacination doesn’t help others? I can still get them sick. I whitnessed this first hand. So you’re friends that are compormised don’t get the benefit of my actions; the only thing I could do is stay away from them. No other option is a guarantee. And yes, vaccinations are easy to do but they don’t help those around us. Which leads me back to the point that you are reponsible for your health, you have to make decisions based on your level of comfort. And just because someone doesn’t get vaccinated doesn’t mean they don’t care. That’s a bull sh!t societal statement. I can care about someone and take other measure to protect them. Not just with a vaccine.  

2 2

Charlie
                  Ute Fan
                  @charlie

Actually, vaccinated individuals can still get infected and are likely to be asymptomatic. Better yet, recovered individuals are much less likely then vaccinated individuals to get others infected. Individuals that are immunocompromised have risks from many sources in addition to COVID and need to take precautions even with COVID eliminated. The firewall needs to be strong between the high risk individuals and the rest of the population rather than between all individuals. If this was simply a health issue we would be in a much safer place. Introducing politics, mandates and shame will actually reduce the ability of the health industry to provide the best possible response to COVID.

3 2

UrbanLiar
            Ute Fan
            @urbanliar

I’m concerned about others being vaxxed because they are sucking up scarce medical resources and burning out the understaffed and overworked medical care providers. I had a family member get a somewhat critical medical procedure delayed indefinitely due to Covid patients sucking up the hospital’s capacity. Plus, for every ivermectin ingesting conspiracy sponge that demands health care, I damn well don’t feel like paying for your medical bills. Yes, other’s recklessness causes direct impacts on others. What a concept! If you don’t have any desire to be vaccinated, then that’s your prerogative and you should stay home. The rest of the rational parts of society are moving forward without you.

15 2

Ute Dub
          Ute Fan
          @chestercopperpot

I think the best policy if for a kind invitation for each individual to meet with their personal health care provider and discuss their health as it relates to covid in a non-polarized environment. Our current way of trying to get people vaxxed sucks ass and is likely pushing people away with the back handed comments, like yours above, and other coercive measures that include scare tactics, condescending remarks, etc. Timing is a factor for some people who have had COVID or are considering being pregnant and it would greatly help them if we explored those concerns with them rather than argue with them. That’s my .02 cents.

7 6

Brettski
            Ute Fan
            @brettski

Hey ma! Look at our vaccine rates going up! All we had to do was threaten to ruin people’s lives if they didn’t comply! Even though we can still easily transmit the disease 🦠 if we are vaccinated. Rant over.

6 3

The Third
            Ute Fan
            @thethird

^^^This. I myself am vaccine-hesitant. I felt my best course of action was to talk to my GP(who is very anti-vax), and we came to the conclusion that because of my personal health history, it would be best for me to get vaxed. That’s the way it should be done. My body, my choice, right?

Ute Dub
              Ute Fan
              @chestercopperpot

Yes. I think most people will heed the advice of their doctor if the doctor is speaking the best interest of the patient and no polarized opinions are given.

5 3

Utes 69
          Ute Fan
          @slc123

You’re right. You’d think the best policy would be for people to take the best route to protect themselves and everyone else in society…

My response…es, cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, wear a mask if you prefer wash your hands often, and dont be pigs! covid spreads only thru spitle. we do not need to shut down the world and economy over a virus.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

The Cougars will win this Saturday.  No doubt in my mind.

1 3

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Unfortunately the wrong Cougars.

NarfUte
          Ute Fan
          @narfute

Borghi and their QB are back and the TDS can’t stop the run – I like the right Cougars chances in this one.

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

I hope so. But losing the HC and some assistants is going to be tough to over come.

S.CarolinaUte
            Ute Fan
            @s-carolinaute

They lost their head coach, offensive coordinator and Offensive line coach (not sure who the 4th one was) but that’s alot of game planning ideas missing.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wazzu coach fired!