We Need Some Good News

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

CB – Gone Vaki Likely Nil (At least he’s not transferring to TDS….. We need something to stop the bleeding stat.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Source?

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

Yes. What’s the source? Everyone should probably STFU unless they know.

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

TE Carsen Ryan and WR Josh Kelly taking Utah visits is good news… hopefully turn both into great news. Kelly especially is very coveted rn. Would be huge get following Vele and Matthews news.

Would like to see some portal DBs getting Utah smoke soon. There’s a lot of talent in there.

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Thanks for the info, Ghost. Any news on the Vaki situation (to the extent you can say of course)?

Ghost of the HEB
          Ute Fan
          @deseretgentlman

Nfl draft has suddenly became the talk surrounding Vaki. I find this hard to believe because he’d certainly make more $ in NIL than as a late rounder/UDFA. But that’s what people who know people are saying. Also that they don’t expect any imminent announcements, so long live the Vaki anxiety.

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

Interesting, the NFL part is quite head-scratching. Hopefully when the noise settles down, Vaki is still with the program. Going to be on pins and needles until an announcement is made.
            Glad to hear about the Ryan and Kelly visits. Thanks for info, again!

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

I’d argue NFL is better for Vaki than Bishop. Vaki has all the measurables. And he did produce at Utah. If I’m a NFL scout, Vaki has a higher ceiling than Bishop. And if Vaki gets to an all star bowl game and produces…then he could rise really fast in the draft.

Like Kyle Kuzma.

So if I’m Vaki, and I can get in front of scouts with other draftees, I’d consider leaving. I could see Vaki rising to the second/third round, while Bishop will be fifth round, at best. More likely 6-7 round.

EagleMountainUte
                Ute Fan
                @battlegroundute

Vaki will destroy the pre draft workouts. I don’t think he would get a combine invite.

The Miami Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @themiamiute

You’re right Eagle. Due to being a mission kid, Vaki hasn’t even finished his sophomore year at the U. He’s eligible for the NFL draft due to his age but not the combine due to his lower classman status.

RoboUte
            Ute Fan
            @hamplate

If Vaki and the people close to him have even the barest inkling of sense any NFL talk is a bargaining tactic for NIL offers. Honestly, I’d go as far as to say that’s pretty obvious.

Going to the NFL now is the 2nd worst thing Vaki could do for his future/bank account after simply retiring.

6 1

DrahtUte
      Ute Fan
      @drahtute

The best news is we still have our coach. His job has gotten harder but he’s still the best coach we’ve ever had and is going to find a way to succeed.

1 2

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Or maybe he says “f**k it, I’m done with this crap” and rides off into the sunset on his Harley with his millions. You have to figure that, for a guy like Kyle who’s a millionaire many times over and is still in the youth of his retirement years, the question of whether the juice is worth the squeeze crosses his mind fairly regularly.

Onlyu
          Ute Fan
          @uf8fl

Good news will come. If Vaki doesn’t go to the NFL it’s my bet today that he returns. Our NIL offer is strong.

There are plenty of options to be had…it’s just a matter of piecing together the money to get the biggest bang for our buck. Utah is a known school with these recruits, not a blueblood BUT all these kids know who we are and will come if the $ matches the opportunity,

I’ll just say we’re still in an excellent spot to improve our team. It will all work out in the end.

DrahtUte
          Ute Fan
          @drahtute

Agreed – that’s definitely going to happen at some point. It probably will happen sooner than any of us would like.

But for now, we still have one of the all-time great coaches in college football and I’ll bet he winds up getting the Utes an overall win in this season’s portal madness.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Nah @miami. Whitt will coach one more year. Maybe 2. But def 1. If there’s one thing I now firmly believe it’s that a QB is the main thing no onto need to CFB. And we have that. All
      In committed. I know he hasn’t announced. But I expect Kuithe back. Just need to keep developing. Ritchie was a beast before his mission showed flashes last year. Hopefully he’s back

The Miami Ute
        Ute Fan
        @themiamiute

Oh, I get that…all I’m saying is that with Whitt, the end is most definitely near. No way in hell do I see him doing a Nick Saban and still be coaching at the age of 72.

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

I was of the opinion that QB was an important position as well but this year I learned that apparently isn’t the case. And we went 8-4 without one and without any reasonable attempt to get one, so I guess I’ll have to eat crow.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Yea no Way… 2 years max for Whitt. But I think Next year is his last.

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Chill, good news comes 2nd.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football We Need Some Good News