Well, I’m not going to be very productive at work this week.

Viewing 4 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

I’m a nervous wreck. We’ve been here before. Twice. Is this the year our Utes finally break through and nab that elusive P12 title? 

The thing I am most worried about is being away from RES. The worst performances of the season have been on the road. Losses to BYU, SDSU, and Oregon State. Close game against Arizona.

Of course, there were also two blowout road wins vs Stanford and USC. But we know those two teams are absolute dog s**t this year. 

How’s everyone else feeling?

richute
      Ute Fan
      @richute

I’m feeling good. Even if the Utes don’t win I couldn’t be happier for the guys on the team. They’ve been through so much that every game they play is just a bonus for me. Just enjoying the ride watching these guys and hopefully we can get to the rose bowl!

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

Totally agree. After the way the season started coupled with the 2nd tragic death of a player in less than a year, it’s hard to believe they are even in this spot to begin with. Love this team.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

A game is a game is a game. I love watching teams from the University of Utah, no matter the outcome.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Utes play their game and minimize mistakes, they win. Utes cannot give up points of field position on Special Teams. Any chance we see Rising doing the punting and kick-offs :)? How Utah does not have a D1 level kicker or punter is a head banger.

There’s enough disrespect from Cristobal and the media to keep Utah fired up. Cristobal painfully gave Utah some credit for the win, sigiting like the media, the loss to Utah was more about UO playing bad than Utah being a good football team kicking ass. Ute defense is already in Brown’s head. Utes play 22% better, it’s Rose Bowl time. UofA and CU games do not worry me a bit. CU’s offense did not score a TD with less than total 150 offense. Utah’s defense continues to improve. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Can’t really call this a road game of course with huge numbers of Utah and Oregon fans in attendance. 

Critical that our special teams unit not yield any TDs.

UteFanatic
          Ute Fan
          @utefanatic

Agreed. I just meant “away from RES”.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Don’t need to punt if we s ore every drive. 

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

To quote Hedley Lamar, “gentlemen, please, rest your sphincters.”

I’m not super worried about being away from RES for a couple of reasons. First, Oregon has had most of their struggles on the road as well. Aside from a great win over tOSU, they have looked quite pedestrian away from Eugene. Second, this will be almost like a home game for Utah. I expect the crowd will be majority pro-Utah.

I have no doubt Oregon will play better this time around. However, they would have to play MUCH better to overcome the deficit that you saw two weeks ago. I just don’t think they’re capable of that level of improvement so quickly.

In past CCGs, I’ve never felt good about Utah’s chances. I fully expected them to lose both games. But this time feels different. I feel like this is the year we break through.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Nailed it, Fuss.  It’s Oregon… they have talent all over the place, but that win a couple of weeks ago was no fluke for us.  We beat the living hell out of those guys.  In a way, we called off the dogs in the 2nd half.  It could have been worse.  

Roles are reversed this time around.  If we can limit their running game and force Brown to step it up I really like our chances.  So funny… this was the recipe for beating Utah in the last championship game.  

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

Also, football is all about matchups, right? For the first time in a long time, I feel like the way they play is a good matchup for Utah. Their run game is solid, their throw game is suspect.

In past years, Oregon was a pass-first team. They could shred you if you didn’t have an insanely athletic secondary. And Utah’s strength is always stopping the run first. If we can contain the run (like we did 2 weeks ago) and force them to the air, that QB will make mistakes.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Well, I’m not going to be very productive at work this week.