What does a 4-star recruit for CA, TX, or FL think about this stupid 'Holy War'?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’re doing ourselves a real disservice by treating this stupid game with a G5 team like BYU like it’s a big deal. It makes us seem G5. If we’re really making a big deal out of BYU, we still are G5, and a 4-star recruit from out of state can see this. I’m embarrassed to be a Ute fan right now. We need to start thinking about which players bring us success. Is it local Utah kids who care about BYU vs. Utah? No. Britain Covey is the exception, and as good as he is, he’s not ever going to make it through a full season, he missed most of the UCLA game, and he can’t be counted on as being a top WR when he gets back from a 2 year mission.

Guys like Gionni Paul, Devontae Booker, Kaelin Clay, Kylie Fitts, Tevin Carter…these are the difference makers we’ve seen in the program that have made it possible to beat Oregon and USC. These kids don’t come here if they get the impression Utah is G5. They come here because Utah is P5, PAC 12. Let’s start acting like it.

MTM
      Ute Fan
      @mtm

I don’t want to play those douchebags ever again, FWIW.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

Why are you under the impression this game is being treated as a big deal? I think there is practically no hype around this game. The amount of hype is on par with our matchup with CSU last year. Pretty much none.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I’m finding it hard to get stoked for it myself. Much more stoked to see men’s bball in NYC vs Duke IN PERSON. I DO like Gionni Paul’s comments though. Sounds to me like he’s going to shred the zoo. Can’t wait to watch that.

MBAute89
      Ute Fan
      @jtbuckner

Oh how quickly we forget. Moose, wasn’t this the attitude of Alabama when we beat them in the Sugar Bowl? Let us not forget where we came from, lest we become the same enemy we derided years ago.

Let’s be humble, accept our fate, get up for the game, and kick some cougar tail. Whether you want to believe it or not there is much more national intrigue to this game than the other “higher” bowls we could have gone to. It would be foolish to think potential recruits aren’t watching this game with eager eyes.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

@jtbuckner you got my attention with the term “cougar tail.”

Dhisatake
      Ute Fan
      @dhisatake

Well if that four star recruit is reading ESPN I would imagine they think a whole lot about it.

Sorry, but it’s still one of the bigger rivalries. National outlets rate it highly.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What does a 4-star recruit for CA, TX, or FL think about this stupid 'Holy War'?