What happened to Maxs?

Viewing 4 reply threads

mesovanhorny
      Ute Fan
      @mesovanhorny

Just wondering.  He’s wonderful.  I wish him well, but I also wonder what happened a bit?  I’ve heard nothing.  Covid? Desire?  Heart?  Injury?  Team violation?

Good luck, Maxs.  I hope one day I’ll see in a Utah uni again.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Grades. Grades. Grades. 

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Grades. Grades.

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

Grades.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

That’s too bad. I thought with all the additional help the players receive from tutors and easy class schedules, it’s almost impossible to not make grades. Guess I was wrong.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I met and had a long talk with his dad in the summer of 2020.

His dad was not happy with Utah’s coaching staff.  He told me that his son was better than all three defensive linemen who were drafted just a few months before.  I was stunned by his comments.  He said that the only coach that gave him a decent chance was Gary Andersen and now he was gone.  The dad felt that his son’s stats were the best on the team.

What does this all mean?  I am not sure.  Maybe it was just a disgruntled parent venting.  Maybe Maxs was not happy playing at the U.  I honestly don’t know.

I should say that I found his dad to be a nice, pleasant man.  Even when defending his son, he did not appear angry or vindictive.  He loves his son and wants what is best for him.

I too wish Maxs the best in his future endeavors.

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

Don’t know the Tupais at all but have you ever met a stage parent of an underperformer who blamed the kid?

ProudUte
            Ute Fan
            @proudute

I agree.  But, the thing that surprised me is that he felt his son was better than the three All PAC12 defensive linemen.  He was very serious about that and spoke the weaknesses of these three all-stars.  But, you are right about “stage-parents.”

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

Based on his size and skills, I think there is probably a reasonable argument that he was (or could have been) as good or better than the three drafted linemen … but hard to say without him being on the field to show it. Too bad. I think he could play in the NFL if he had seized this year. 

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

thats odd. I feel like Maxs got tons of opportunity. He never really produced on the level i would expect given his physical abilities. Just always seemee inconsistent compared to other DEs

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

I’ve read in a few different places that it wasn’t grades…

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

NCAA violation and I’ll leave it at that. Maxs was in and planned on playing this year until he wasn’t. At the end of the day it’s his business…that said I’m almost positive he earned his degree and was in good standing with the program and school. Just kind of an unfortunate situation the way I understand it.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Thanks for the clarification.  Good luck Maxs.

mesovanhorny
        Ute Fan
        @mesovanhorny

Damn!  That’s kind of tragic.  I hope there’s a path for him back to Utah

rbmw263
          Ute Fan
          @rbmw263

i hope there is a path for him back to anywhere. Had some of the most underrated physical tools on the team

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football What happened to Maxs?