Whitt’s presser

Viewing 1 reply thread

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He was pleased with both the offense and defense.  He said the special teams played a very little roll in this game.

He was asked who on the team is likely to become a coach.  The answer was Covey.  He said Covey is always coming to him with new play ideas.

He keeps raving about Huntley and saying is one of the best in the country.  He said that Tyler is always studying film and data on the opposing defense.

He can’t say enough good about Scalley and Ludwig for that matter.

Although we played very well on Saturday, there were mistakes the team made that need to be corrected.  He did not elaborate on the mistakes, but I assume that he was not pleased with UCLA’s third-down conversions, especially in the first half. 

He indicated that the team is generally healthy.

He said 7 or 8 of his defensive players may be playing in the NFL next season.  That’s just crazy if true.  (John Pease was on later and said he doubted that number because even Alabama doesn’t do that.  When Bill started going through each player, he admitted that it was indeed possible.)

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

that 2008 Utah team had a crazy amount of defensive players in the NFL too (7), although I don’t think they all left in 2008

Sean Smith
      Robert Johnson
      Paul Kruger
      Derrick Shelby
      Koa Misi
      Stevenson Sylvester
      Brice McCain

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I count them off and it is hard for me to not believe that at least 9 will get drafted. 
        JJ, Fotu and Anae all potential first day guys. Bernard, Blackmon, Guidry, Burgess, Penisini and Lloyd will all be second day guys right now. Tafua and Lloyd only sophomores!!
        Lewis and Nurse will probably make a team as UDF

Offensive guys who will get a shot?  Moss and I think Huntley has played himself into a look. Kuithe, Paolo, Thompson, Umana

Pututau is ONLY A FRESHMAN!!

Hard to not look for next year and be excited. This team is stacked. Questions at Qb always a learning curve. Plenty of talent to contend in the South. Defensive backfield replacing a ton of experience will have a learning curve. The dline just reloads. 

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Whitt’s presser