Ute Fan
      @proudute

Just my 2 cents:

Rising, Thomas, Daniels, Kuithe, and Kincaid on offense

Diabate, Fillinger, Gabe Reid, Phillips, and Bishop on defense

UtesRule
      Ute Fan
      @utesrule

Gotta include the PAC12 Freshman D-Lineman of the year, Junior Tafuna on this list. Going to be a freaking stud!

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

Yep, gotta include Tafuna. I would add Barton as well. I expect him to contribute right away. I’ve heard several reports that he could easily be a day 1 starter, and not because the guys behind him aren’t good.

ProudUte
          Ute Fan
          @proudute

I think (hope) Barton will be a Day-1 starter.  However, I suspect that Diabate will be the leader based on his experience.  But I am fine if Barton becomes the-guy.

Onlyu
            Ute Fan
            @uf8fl

A lot depends on Gabe Reid and Miki imo. If they can generate the needed pass rush opposite of Van I think Diabate starts over Lander. If not, Diabate slides over and Lander starts next to Reid.

Plenty of good situational options with that group though and some young guys that could have an impact as well. Diabate may play end on 3rd down with Lander at LB. Reid/Miki on short yardage/run plays. Teams will avoid Clark so JT is in the mix here and will respond well.

On offense I think Vele is a no brainer and Glover will earn his carries. He’s a home run waiting to happen. I really think he’ll be the 2…Micah will get his touches but I think Glover will end up running it more. That’s gonna be an interesting competition in camp. Curry will have something to say about that as well and will likely come into camp as the 3.

I’m really impressed with Glover as an every down back. He’s got excellent hands so if he can hold up in protection he’ll play a lot.

ProudUte
              Ute Fan
              @proudute

Thanks, OnlyU for those details. There is no opinion that I respect more than yours.

I hope Glover has a great season.  I suspect he will get fewer carries than Tavion, at least early in the season.

I hope Vele has a breakout season.  I would love to see him get 1000 yards receiving.  It has been a long time since we have seen that at Utah.  But, with our tight-end group, this is probably unlikely.  Maybe a better goal would be 800 yards and 50 catches.

Onlyu
                Ute Fan
                @uf8fl

Tavion is the lead back and will be the whole year. Battle for the 2 spot but I think enough touches for the them and then add the versatility of Micah and you’ll see 3 play a lot. It’s not out of the realm of possibility that Curry holds off Glover, especially with his experience but I think JG wins out.

I think we’ll throw it more this year than ever…no idea if that amounts to a 1000 yard receiver but if ever there was a chance it could be this year. Vele is a difficult cover at his size and has great ball skills. Opposing defenses will have to account for both the run game and the TE’s so we should have a lot of opportunities outside and we have the QB that can read that and get them the ball.

This offense is a really tough cover this year with a healthy Cam

Central Coast Ute
                  Ute Fan
                  @flip2848

Let’s just hope he stays healthy all year.

D T
                  Ute Fan
                  @azute1

Does Parks earn any carries or is he just an afterthought this year? Is he likely to transfer?

Onlyu
                    Ute Fan
                    @uf8fl

He’s got talent but he still looks and plays “young” to me. I thought Curry might be the one to bail (my opinion only) but with Tavion not playing a lot in the Spring he got a lot of action. I like Ricky and he’s in a good spot for playing time after this year so hoping he sees that and sticks it out.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Valid point.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who are the top 2022 difference-makers