Who do you dislike the most in the Pac12?

Viewing 6 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

As I was watching games yesterday and thinking of which teams I dislike the most I realized my top four teams I want to beat every time we play them in football.

1. USC

2. Arizona State

3. Washington

4. Oregon

I know Colorado is supposed to be our rival, and they certainly get on my nerves as a Colorado resident, but really I want to see USC and Arizona State lose every football game. I want to beat those teams and Washington and Oregon every time we play them.

With that said, I think OSU is probably playing the best football right now. But Oregon, USC, could jump up and beat pretty much anyone.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Colorado is nothing to me. I want to see both Arizona schools lose at everything because they’re cheating bastards. I also love to see USC and Oregon lose, especially USC since they’re what I consider to be our primary rivals and usually the ones that stand between us and a Pac-12 south championship. 

MauchDawgUte
        Ute Fan
        @mauchdawgute

Are we talking football teams or fan bases because mine differ substantially lol.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

If it is strictly fan bases I’d go with Oregon and Washington. Some of the biggest douche fans I’ve ever met.

ArcheryUte
      Ute Fan
      @craig

ASU, hands down. The games are usually competitive and relevant for the south. I have been to ASU a handful of times for the game and the fans are worst, in my opinion.

CoyoteUte
        Ute Fan
        @coyoteute

ASU without question… 2018 game in Tempe was by far the worst experience I’ve ever had as a road fan.

MFury
          Ute Fan
          @mfury

Dislike is different than want to beat.I agree on those four as want to beat.

But ASU fans, players, coaches are cheating f*cktards

And the c**kiness of USC kills me.

Only one missing from your list is TDS.

Those three I don’t just want to beat, but I rejoice when the lose to anyone.

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

Agreed. ASU hands down.

UteBacker
          Ute Fan
          @utebacker

Quick story: when we first joined the conference we played ASU at home one day.  We had some visiting Devil fans sitting next to us.  They were a little obnoxious, but nothing too crazy.  As the game progressed they started giving Ute fans grief about our smaller stadium.  At one point one of them said “oh, what a cute little stadium”.  It kind of p**sed me off and tapped him on the shoulder and said “you know what’s cute?” and I pointed to our Fiesta Bowl & Sugar Bowl banners that used to hang on the side of the scoreboard.  It didn’t really shut them up but it made ME feel better.

I learned a few things that day:

1) I really don’t like ASU.  They would be, by far, my least favorite conference mate.

2) If you’re going to be playing amongst the big boys you better develop a thick skin.  You have to let those snarky comments roll off your back or you’re going to be p**sed off all the time (the fanbase to the South would do well to embrace this).

3) It’s been about 20 years since the Pac12 has taken home a national championship trophy.  That means no one in the conference has any room to talk about how good or bad another school is.  They can all suck it.

MinnySunDevil
            Ute Fan
            @minnysundevil

USC and Oregon have been nationally relevant (and USC has won a Natty) in the last 20 years, so they can talk all the s**t they want. They’re still very clearly the big swingers. Washington and Stanford have also had big moments, but I refuse to acknowledge UW since ASU has outright owned them in that time frame.

Yes, you should have thick skin. It’s not supposed to be a forgiving atmosphere. Would it be great if every audience was a gentle, loud crowd that only roared out superlatives to their own team? Sure. But it’s just not the reality when you get a whole bunch of people pregaming before a big game. If you weren’t around the student section, you probably just got talked down at. There are worse places out there. I’ve had things thrown at me at Arizona. I’ve had drinks dumped on me on two different occasions. The one game in Autzen I went to back in the day nearly wound up with me getting jumped. The Pac 12 has faded a bit since 2013 or 2014, whenever the whole god damn South was ranked and Oregon was #2, but it’s still a competitive league, and the experience of traveling to games is far friendlier than it was in the past. We’re kittens now compared to what it once was.

And conferences are cyclical. We are less than a decade removed from a period where the Pac 12 was CLEARLY the second best conference. The coaching hires have not been good. The recruiting has faded because of the money losses due to bad overall management. This will, eventually, change. The Pac 12 has THE fastest growing demographic in the country. There will be more and more good players from the umbrella and, while it seems soft, just give it some time. Better hires. More money from a better TV deal means better sponsorship, more interest, more players staying in the area. ASU vs. Utah will, at some point, be a top 10 matchup. Maybe not this year, maybe not next year. But there’s going to be an ASU vs. Utah gameday sooner rather than later, and the rivalry will truly be born.

You guys got a seat at the table. You’ve done well with Whitt.

We’re still probably gonna f**k you up.

MinnySunDevil
        Ute Fan
        @minnysundevil

Let the hate flow through you.

Tomasina
      Ute Fan
      @tomasina

This would be an interesting poll… but for me it is ASU, and it is not even close.  Their fans at games have been insufferable.

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Only time I’ve watched Utah play live in Tempe was against Pitt in the Fiesta Bowl.   Attended an ASU/Arizona game once and from what I observed that time, not sure I would feel safe or comfortable cheering for a visiting team there.  Getting that angry over a game just isn’t healthy.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Did a poll like this back in 2016: https://www.utehub.com/polls/?poll_page=12

MinnySunDevil
          Ute Fan
          @minnysundevil

Don’t take the hostility of an ASU/U of A game as the normal thing. There is a hatred there that, while I appreciate your rivalry with BYU, you simply won’t get. It’s as bad as Bama/Auburn, just on a smaller scale. It’s far and away the most vitriolic rivalry in the Pac 12.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

An ASU fan told me yesterday that they can only beat themselves.

I realize they did just that against the zoobs, but that’s crazy to think they can’t be beaten straight up.

MinnySunDevil
        Ute Fan
        @minnysundevil

This year? He’s not wrong. ASU f**ked up against BYU. ASU has the best roster in the Pac 12. We should win every game. We won’t, but we should.

Because that’s what ASU does. We’re going to probably have the best offense and defense in the conference and still figure out a way to go 9-3. Welcome to Tempe.

To be fair, y’all have gone from “Dudes we assume we’ll beat” to “Annoying as hell” in a very short period of time. This is how actual rivalries aside from the manufactured thing you have with Colorado are born.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

That’s awfully arrogant for a program that hasn’t accomplished anything in nearly a quarter century.

There’s more than one team capable of beating ASU straight up, starting w/Stanford this Friday.

D T
          Ute Fan
          @azute1

ps ASU’s just 2-3 against us since we finally had a roster 100% full of P5 talent.

But congratulations on those victories against our MWC talent.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

ASU, Washington and then Oregon. Hope they lose every game.

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Oregon, USC, ASU.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Who do you dislike the most in the Pac12?