Why I don’t think Whitt is telling the whole truth…

Viewing 5 reply threads
      1 6

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

First let me say, that I don’t blame him for not telling what he knows because you don’t want to give anything away to Arizona.

Whitt claims he didn’t see what UW did differently in the second half. If nothing was done differently, then UW played a heckuva a lot harder than the Utes in the second half. The difference was night and day.

I am no coach and I do not have access to the game films, but it was obvious to me that UW put more pressure on the left side of our offensive line. Fano and company could not handle this and it led to a number of critical penalties and much more pressure on Barnes.

I believe Whitt knows that some things changed in UW’s defense in the second half, but he certainly does not want to give Arizona any ideas. He and his staff will work on resolving the problem so the Wildcats can’t exploit our weakness.

The first half on Saturday was fun to watch. The second half – not so much.

Go Utes!!!

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Couple of times you could tell they were anticipating the snap or cadence. I didn’t see any adjustments made to counter it. Once it sure seemed like it was offsides.

Ute2
        Ute Fan
        @ute2

And we were the ones that got the holding. I was incensed. And they were over early the next play too.

22Ute22
        Ute Fan
        @utedagoat

Trice was absolutely offsides, but of course the garbage refs wouldn’t call it.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

He said he didn’t see the OPI…..Ludwig will certainly shore up that left-side deficiency.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

One thing UW started doing in the second half was moving their DE way outside of our LT and beating them with speed almost every play. I don’t recall them being so wide in the first half

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

That should open up the run game to that gap. We just didn’t run much in the 2nd half.

RB runs outside of the safety on JJ: 14 yards, 11 yards, 6 yards.

That’s it.

UtMtBiker
          Ute Fan
          @utmtbiker

I’ve never heard anyone describe runs as “outside of the safety.” What do you mean by that?

5 1

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

It’s Monday. The game was on Saturday. It is entirely possible that he simply hasn’t taken the time to figure out exactly what went wrong. Also, keep in mind that speaking.

Also, what reason does he have to be completely transparent about this kind of stuff? It’s just like he says with injuries: When someone shows him how divulging that information will help his team on the football field, he’ll do it.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Oh, I agree that he should not talk about the mistakes they made. We don’t want Arizona to get the info for free. However, I am quite sure that the Arizona coaching staff is smart enough to figure out what UW did differently in the second half.

1 1

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

riiiight… but just because it wouldn’t give Arizona an advantage to be more transparent that does not mean that it would HELP the UTES on the football field. Whitt said he would be more transparent if it would help them win football games. Do you see the difference?

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Exactly. Just because Whitt doesn’t give you his understanding about specific things he considers important and speaks in general terms does not mean he can’t see them. He is not going to say he will chip with a TE, pickup with the RB, roll out right etc. He will just move you on to the next question, not because he doesn’t know anything but because he prefers not to talk specifics about some aspects of the game.

utahwingman
      Ute Fan
      @utahwingman

I doubt any HC will ever tell the whole truth. I remembered Whitt said doing the press is one of his least favorite things to do but he is obligated to do it. Imagine if you have to give a weekly presentation to a bunch of people who have no direct impact to your job but just want to gossip about what you do. You probably just going to give the least amount of information to them and just get it over.

If I were a HC, I would make stupid stuff up like “Cam has been practing throw with one leg and he is ready to go.”

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why I don’t think Whitt is telling the whole truth…