Why Isn’t Utah Ranked in the Top 25?

Viewing 5 reply threads

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Every single one of their losses is to teams in the Top 20. Meanwhile KSU is ranked #23 but has a loss to an unranked Iowa State team.

2 1

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

We don’t have any bad losses but we also don’t have any good wins.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Part of the problem is ranking power teams with mid majors. The issue is the schedules are night and day different. We know that because we have been in both places and understand the difference. If the poll does not separate the two, simply do so yourself. Liberty may be the best mid major but still is not a D1 top 25. You would have the same problem putting together a single rank of 1A thru 6A in HS, using wins and loses. For now, East Carolina competes with Georgia to be #1. Really?

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I’ve been saying this for years. G5 shouldn’t be ranked unless they’ve played 4 P5 games.

You can’t tell me this Utah team wouldn’t be undefeated with a G5 schedule.

Hell, there are 15 P5 teams who’d be undefeated with those weak ass schedules.

1 1

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

0-4 against ranked teams is always going to be the biggest issue. People will forgive bad losses, but you have to have good wins. 7-5 USC & UCLA wins are good for rounding out your resume but that can’t be the headliners.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

I was looking at Tennessee, and yes, the SEC bias is why, but taking that out, they shouldn’t be ranked ahead of Utah.

3 2

Tednab
          Ute Fan
          @tednab

They didn’t even show up to the Arizona game and the Colorado game was a joke as well .. they don’t belong in the top 25 imo

Charlie
            Ute Fan
            @charlie

We are very familiar with the Utah details of weak spots. However, comb thru the details of other lower ranked teams and you find similar stories. Than again, against a mid major schedule or any Liberty opponents, the last two games would be a cakewalk with no hint of weakness.

1 3

Trailgoat
            Ute Fan
            @utahgoat

Agree, no way Utah is currently a top 25 team. Barely squeaking by CU against QB2 at home did not help. Excluding the injuries in key position groups, Utah has several issues to fix during the off season that surely to be discussed at length during the off season.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

And by your logic, Alabama isn’t a playoff team.

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

I have Tennessee 33. Arizona 28, Utah 29, Oregon State 30.

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Obvious… our qb got hurt.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Following Oregon to the Fiesta, I think Az will go to the Alamo Bowl. Next, I think Utah will be taken over USC and OSU for the Vegas Bowl. Who knows who will show up for USC and OSU has even greater problems wondering who is still there. Any guess who the other team could be?

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Goodness, it is Northwestern. I remember watching Utah let a win slip away with Northwestern in our last Holiday Bowl. I almost lost my life slipping on wet steel in the stadium that day.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Why Isn’t Utah Ranked in the Top 25?