Would you rather game…stadium expansion addition

Viewing 10 reply threads

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

BYU fans at work today have been not so kind about RES expansion, mentioning that LES still seats more folks and claiming moral victory.

So I have been playing the would you rather game.

Would you rather…

1) Play in a state of the art 50-51k seat facility against high calliber P5 teams(Oregon, USC, etc) and consistent sellouts?

2) Play in a 63k seat stadium with oversized maple bars, vacant seats and competition the likes of Portland State, New Mexico State and McNeese State.

UtemanUtefan
      Ute Fan
      @utemanutefan

Giant maple bars sounds nice, but I am pretty partial to Cowboy corndogs and Scone dots.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

When all else fails for a zoob, a good backup plan is stadium smack. 

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Not to mention we have 50-51K packed seats compared to 63K seats, 10-15K of which are empty most games.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Hogi Yogi bargain tickets. 

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Lol…

hogi yogi was soooo terrible. That place, and teriyaki bowl are a close second and third to the creamery in the eyes of BYU fans. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I had a friend work there in high school. We used to hang out and get weird mixed shakes. Like meat shakes and stuff. I didn’t mind the bowls but in high school I would probably eat anything and I did. 

mokus
      Ute Fan
      @mokus

If it is for a quick visit, I will take either.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

<command>

<throwbeer>

<kickzoobmother>

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

Does option 2 include winning the Independent Conference Championship?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Notre Dame has that one in the bag.

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

It’s funny how beating UMass has emboldened that fanbase.

Look, I get it.  BYU fans had to wait an entire year for the chance to finally knock off the UMass Minutemen.  And they did it.  THEY DID IT!  Can you imagine how satisfying that must be for BYU fans? They must all be thrilled beyond belief!

I mean, UMass humiliated them in Provo a year ago, 16-10. But now BYU has the last laugh and the scoreboard to prove it.  Now there can be no doubt.  BYU is better than UMass.  They proved it on the field in front of several fans that attended the game.

So I say congratulations to BYU for staying focused on the goal and earning the win against the UMass Minutemen. 

Expanding RES and adding state-of-the-art facilities is a nice little extra to go along with the success Utah has enjoyed over the years.  It’s gravy.

But please be considerate of the fact that BYU has just achieved–what they consider to be–a major accomplishment by beating the UMass Minutemen. Let them have their day. 

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

Minute men fight Minutemen. Starting to make sense now.

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Wagner is a tough out

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

I hate the layout at LES. I  can’t understand why they thought it a good idea to put most of the seats in the end zones. Horrible sight lines.

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Well…RES isn’t exactly “state of the art”. It’s the worst stadium I’ve seen in the P12 easily. The expansion will be nice for the south end but does little for the rest of us. 

With that said… I’d rather eat a turd than attend another game in Provo. 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Dang dude, you have all the positivity of a free-floating electron.

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Would you rather game…stadium expansion addition