Wow! Interesting perspective on the players Coach Prime has had transfer out:

Viewing 5 reply threads

Ute Dub
      Ute Fan
      @chestercopperpot

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

I think it’s going to be rough season for Colorado. They may well bounce back under Deion, but I don’t see how you can have this much roster turn over, especially with a lot of new folks coming in from FCS.

Ute Dub
        Ute Fan
        @chestercopperpot

I think Coach Sanders said they’re going to roll over 60 spots…but when you’re talking O-line and other positions that need some continuity, then the first half of the year could be challenging. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

IMO, Prime will have a very good team at CU in 3-4 years.  He will then jump ship to a bigger program or to the NFL.  I am confident that he is using this as a stepping stone.  The good news for the Utes is that the PAC12 will get a lot of attention while he is here.

tanute3
        Ute Fan
        @tanute3

I agree that he will jump ship in a few years… but still not convinced he’ll turn Colorado into a quality team before doing so lol

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

I honestly believe he will hit a ceiling, probably at Colorado. Hype can get you players to be successful in the SWAC. Coaching skills make one successful in the Power 5.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

He’s rebuilding a culture. They won’t be good this year in the W/L column. But, my guess, will play hard and be competitive all year. Will prob at least one team they have no business beating. He will build it up take them
      To a bowl or make them competitive like 9-3 and then bounce.

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Smart coaches used to come in first year, redshirt a bunch of freshman, tank the year, then bounce to 6 wins and bowl in year 2, 9 wins year 3, 10-11 in year 4, then bounce. Could be a measured strategy (doubt it) but today’s redshirting players is rolling a team through the transfer portal. We’ll see what happens at a P5 level, but it just seems like PrimeTime is in this for his own glory, not the school or the players.

//r00t4Utes
        Ute Fan
        @r00t4utes

Don’t have the link anymore (yeah could Google it) but saw an article about Shedeur Sanders not happy that MLC xfering out.

I had assumed most of the xfers were by design for coach Prime, but it did not appear MLC was

fosternano
      Ute Fan
      @fosternano

Not to mention their mascot Ralphie the buffalo is looking at his transfer options. 😆

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Bye-son!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Wow! Interesting perspective on the players Coach Prime has had transfer out: