Punter

Viewing 6 reply threads

UtahUteGuy
      Ute Fan
      @utahuteguy

Does anyone have any special insight on how our punting game is going to be this season?  Tom Hackett is going to be tough to replace.  Many of our games are dictated by the field position game, and Hackett played an integral role in that.  How’s this Wishnowski kid looking?  Will he have Hackett’s same level of accuracy?  This could be huge.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I think they are identical type players. Wishnowsky can actually run a lot faster than Hacket and he is 6’2 he isn’t a small punter by no means.  He plays Aussie Rules just like Hackett.  So he isn’t going to be afraid of contact.   For me personally Aussie Rules Football is one of the most exciting sports to watch.  Rugby Union and League being my favorite and then probably Football and Basketball up in the top five.

Here is a pretty cool explanation video with awesome music.

:53 second mark for a booming accurate kick on the move.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Wishnowski has a better leg. More distance, more hang time.

Hackett was a wizard in his control of the ball. He could place it anywhere.

Last year we had more kicks that rolled out of bounds at the 4 yard line. Wishnowski will have more of those go in the end zone. Instead of the ball being pinned in the corners, we will have more balls that are fair caught by the opposition.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

One big difference I see is the possibility that the receiving team will need to be respectful of the fake, which comes at the expense of setting up a good return.

I think we will see more fakes this year, Wishnowski is big and fast.

Anonymous
        Inactive

I don’t know where I saw it but I swear they said Wishnowsky has a pretty good 40 time and he is pretty good in the gym.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

I saw it on the field during spring practices. He can MOVE. I don’t think we will have any dropoff on our punt team, we’re probably going to be better in different ways and not as good in others. It’s yet to be seen if Mitch has Tom’s laser accuracy but he certainly has the high hanging long ball with back spin along with the size and speed to run for a 1st if there’s a hole.

Anonymous
            Inactive

I think the hang time and distance is better.  He might be better than Hackett in certain situations but Utah will miss Hacket when distance isn’t needed hopefully he gets the hang time instead.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Wishboomski runs a 4.55 for the 40. at 6’3″ and 225 lbs, he’s at risk of being moved to LB.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

How nuts would it be if we had back-to-back-to-back Ray Guy award winners.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

You’re thinking to small. I’m hoping for at least a 4-peat.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.