Washington fans sure are confident.. to say the least.

Viewing 12 reply threads

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

I honestly can’t remember a fan base swinging their dick this much in the Pac12, outside of USC which is standard. They’ve been s**tting on Troy Williams all year, and mostly taking this game @Utah as another easy W. As usual, our win last year @Washington was ‘lucky’ (all Utah wins are apparently). I really hope we humble them.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I haven’t heard that from any Washington fans and truthfully I don’t know many living in Utah. If we are talking internet well people say all sorts of tough s**t online. 

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Having lived up there for 21 years I can tell you they are very provincial. They’re better than everyone and if you say otherwise you’re a California/East coast conspirator.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

They are by far the most c**ky fan base I’ve met outside USC. At least USC fans have reason. Washington hasn’t done anything yet. 

Also, one of their forums is the biggest cesspool I’ve seen in college sports. That’s saying something considering I frequented UFN for quite some time. 

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

We played our first home PAC12 game against UW.  We lost our starting QB in the first hald and in the second half they pulled away from us.  A group of UW fans were sitting close to us.  They were spouting things like, “This isn’t the Moutain West” and “You aren’t playing BYU.”  These guys were very arrogant considering they hadn’t had a winning season in years.  In fact I found these UW fans some of the most obnoxious I have ever experienced.  This is my only experience with UW fans.

mokus
        Ute Fan
        @mokus

I had pretty much the same experience. The dicks behind us kept saying condescending stuff like that our stadium was “cute”. My girlfriend at the time claimed that they were being crude with her, fortunately they left at halftime. And those old uppity bitches wearing buttons that said, “What’s a Ute?” might have been cute in 7th grade.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Out of all the fans I’ve encountered since we’ve been in the Pac-12 I have found Washington to be my least favorite fan base.  The few fans I know personally are good people but when it comes to sports they’re ass hats.  I wandered over to their board after the UU/UW game last year and I was actually really surprised at what I saw.  The content on the board during and after the game made Utefans look like Cougarboard.  I enjoyed the salty tears but the personal insults and racial slurs directed at players and coaches was pretty shocking.

Wilson’s Mustache
        Ute Fan
        @sigmaute

Funny thing is, after the Utah game last year the vast majority of them were calling for Peterson head. Brilliant fan base they have there.

dawgfanhere
        Ute Fan
        @dawgfanhere

Regarding the UW/UU game last year, that one was a tough one to swallow for a lot of UW fans over the fact that (at least from our vantage point…I’m sure you guys would disagree), the refs cost us the game. Honestly, I can’t remember having left a stadium feeling that screwed by the refs in a long time. Considering you were ranked #13 at the time, that was a tough one for UW fans and I’m sure the boards reflected that.

For the game Saturday, I’d say most are cautiously optimistic. If UW plays to our potential (which is a big IF with the MUSS and all that noise), we should win by a few scores. Neither UW nor UU have really played anyone all that noteworthy nor had any overly impressive wins against top teams, but from an “eye test”, UW is just the superior team at pretty much every position group. The rankings reflect that.

Honestly, I’m glad Joe Williams had a big game against UCLA because that will be a wake-up call for our run D. I’d bet our game plan on defense is to force Troy Williams to win the game with his arm. A lot of UW fans last year felt he got a raw deal as his only start was against ASU in a wind/rain storm. But in hindsight, he made the right move by transferring as he’d be buried in the depth now. He just doesn’t fit what Pete wants to do schematically.

This season UW has outscored opponents 200-24 in the first half. I think this game will be competitive into the fourth quarter as UU is definitely the best team we’ve played so far. I’d say final score is probably UW 38-24 or so.

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

@dawgfanhere thanks for stopping in and posting some actual good football discussion. I can’t disagree with much of what you are saying. Saturday is going to be fun and I’m glad I’ll be there.

Many of us think the Utes can win this game, but with so many injuries that’s a tough ask. Home field will really help. We have a habit of bringing down top 5 teams at home.

Welcome to Ute Hub and looking forward to more non-troll discussion.

Tony, Ute Hub Admin.

Duhwayne
          Ute Fan
          @duhwayne

That’s about how I see the game too. Thanks for posting.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

They’ve even made the news with their antics. Not allowing opposing fans to get to their seats, etc.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

They were very nice to us last year.  I am sure their student section is a bit different than where we sat though.

erictheute
      Ute Fan
      @erictheute

Washington fans haven’t said much. 

High Uintas
      Ute Fan
      @highuintas

A 10 point favorite wins over 80% of the time. Wouldn’t you be confident given that fact?

Big Kahuna
      Ute Fan
      @bigkahuna

Irony is they hate Whoregon fans. Guess it takes an loser to know a loser.

I have close personal friends who graduated from UW in engineering. Very good folks and do not fit the mold. That said I am glad we are in the south, dealing with mutt fans every year would be a very tough thing to do.

Crimson Kid
      Ute Fan
      @crimsonkid

Before the season, it was predicted that Washington had the easiest schedule out of all of the PAC12 teams. Their Out of conference schedule was pathetic with Rutgers, Idaho and Portland State. They have only played 2 away games, compared to 5 home games. They blew out Oregon – but Oregon is terrible this year. They won in OT against Arizona in Tucson, giving up 308 rushing yards to Arizona and needing OT after getting 3 takeaways. Not impressive at all. Their best win is against Stanford, when the Cardinal was ranked #7, but Stanford was way overrated and has shown to be a rather poor team this year.

I think UW has some good athletes and is well coached, but they have only been tested once this year. I think we will see a Utah victory – 31-20. Go Utes!

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Washington’s DL is very over-rated. They are good, no doubt, but not elite like they are painted out to be. 

We need Zach Moss or Howard this game…a big back who can come in and get three yards a pop. Wear that defense down. 

If we don’t give up the big plays and keep the game close, we can wear them down and beat them in the fourth quarter. 

If we give up big plays and allow them to get a two score lead that forces us to throw the ball…it could turn into 2015 Utah vs USC really quick. 

AuburnHusky
        Ute Fan
        @auburnhusky

to all the people saying that washington hasn’t been “tested” neither has Utah. You play who’s on your schedule, and outside of a bad game at Arizona (who they overcame a number of flukey plays to win added to the fact that Utah also didn’t look all that impressive at home against them) washington has pounded every other team on their schedule, it’s been 30-0 at halftime or close to that.

Utah’s best opponent has been USC, who was 1-3 after that game after being pounded by a Stanford team that is apparently “bad” according to some on this forum. Utah barely beat BYU at home, who sucks. They gave up 45 points to UCLA’s backup QB, who sucks, they barely beat Oregon State (albeit in bad weather) who UW was up 31-0 on at halftime last week.
        Washington is probably 2 TD’s better than Utah on a neutral field, now Utah is at home so weird things can happen and Utah can absolutely win. But pretending like Utah’s talent is comparable and UW has just been beating up on bad teams is simply not the case

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Well @AuburnHusky you and I do agree on one thing, that byu sucks. I think USC was a pretty good test. They get better as the season progresses. Cal at home is (apparently) a test.

The big issue is the injuries. If the U was healthy I’d feel more confident, but as it sits now it pained me to predict that Washington would win. I don’t want that of course.

Anonymous
          Inactive

UW had to go to OT to beat AZ 35-28. Utah beat AZ 36-23. Even subtract 3 points for home field, Utah’s point differential was 10 points which is still better than UW’s 7 point OT win.

How’s that for Dawg logic?

Tacoma Ute
            Ute Fan
            @tacomaute

I’m not sure how to look at it. On the one hand you could say the UW Zona game shows that we have a good chance. On the other hand it could mean that UW got their one bad game out of the way and they’ve learned their lesson.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

All of the UW fans that I encountered at the game in Seattle last year were very welcoming. Many of them at the tailgate offered me a beer, wanted to talk shop and peppered in some good-hearted smack talk. I haven’t met a rude UW fan yet.

Personally, I find Arizona and Oregon fans to be the most insufferable in the PAC.

Purplestickystank
      Ute Fan
      @purplestickystank

My dad (yeah yeah, which one, hardy har har) told me that in all his life the worst fans he ever encountered were BYU fans in the 1980’s.

Riot West
        Ute Fan
        @riotwest

My dad (yeah yeah, which one, hardy har har) told me that in all his life the worst fans he ever encountered were BYU fans in the 1980’s.

They haven’t gotten any better.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Washington fans sure are confident.. to say the least.