2017 Recruiting

Viewing 5 reply threads

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Per Goon’s tweet, Epperson going to Creighton. Another talented recruit lost.

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

Who needs recruits. Pfft.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Was a long shot to begin with and was not expected to come to Utah.

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

what sites do you guys use to follow Utes recruiting?

mesovanhorny
        Ute Fan
        @mesovanhorny

damnation!  i can’t stand losing any more Akots or Markkanens.  i actually tweeted at Hanno Mottola and said i would never forgive him for allowing Lauri to go to AZ (w/ a heavy dose of sarcasm).  but come on!

we need those next level guys to come in and go nuts at Utah.  we’ve got a hell of a coach, and he does a great job with what he has.  

if i’m a hot young recruit like Frank Jackson, i stay and play at Utah (though it’s hard to argue the academic advantages of a Duke).  but AZ?  Creighton?  a kid can go to AZ and be a role player, or go to the U and become a legit star (Poeltl, Wright, Bogut).  i guess that’s a crappy argument…Markkanen is getting all kind of accolades and press at AZ.

it just kills me.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

BaldHatu
      Ute Fan
      @baldhatu

This makes me sick… Perhaps I am too red goggled but I simply cannot see how Utah could ever lose out to Creighton for a recruit.  Utah brings a rich tradition, heavy investment (facilities that are likely better than most NBA facilities), and the prestige of the P12.  To the extent they are whiffing here should lead to questions.

I have always believed that Utah could be a solid program in FOOTBALL with the expectations of rare title winning teams.  Not so with BASKETBALL… Utah should perennially be in the top 3-4 programs EVERY YEAR in the P12.  They have the prestige, facilities, conference, access to talent and fan base for it to be so.

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

And we have been top 3-4 in the conference fir the last 3 years no?

deleted
          Ute Fan
          @rolandovich

Exactly. I’m pleased with the progress of the basketball program. Do I want more improvement? Yes. Do I want less improvement? No.

BaldHatu
          Ute Fan
          @baldhatu

Yes, they have been in the top 3-4 BUT… The trajectory seems way off though.  Two years ago after a Sweet 16 run and giving Duke all they could handle I did not see as big of a gulf between Utah and, say, Arizona as I do today.  Some teams continue to chug – Utah has followed up with Sweet 16 to Round of 32 to 1 round NIT loss.

BaldHatu
            Ute Fan
            @baldhatu

Further… I suspect I could (depsite the record that places Utah in the top 3rd) could argue that Utah was really the 5th or 6th best team in the conference.  When USC gets into the dance and we don’t is solidifies that notion.

3UteDad
        @3utedad

I may be in the minority, but I have a higher expectation of success for the football program than the basketball program. Not to say I don’t have high expectations for basketball, but I think football is better positioned at this point for consistent achievement.

Guba
      Ute Fan
      @guba

The decade in the dumps has hampered the perception of Utah outside the state. I think it will still take some time to get past that unfortunately.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.