2021 PAC12 championship

Viewing 1 reply thread

Johnny
      Ute Fan
      @johnny

I’ll take it, but the PAC12 was soft this year. Even the Utes started a little soft. Reason being, the bulls**t season last season. 5 games after no spring or fall camp in 2020 hurt the PAC12 bad. Worse than any league had to deal with. 

But, credit to the Utes. They dealt with way more adversity than any team in THE COUNTRY and they made it happen. Not surprised by the guys coming back. Still undisputed unfinished business.

I want them to roll up the PAC12 next year. Undefeated in PAC12 play, and beat the hell out of those pompous fans in the Swamp in 2022.

I’m also looking forward to the new PAC12 commissioner making power moves. I like him a lot. Utes won a PAC12 championship at the perfect time I believe.

UtahMan17
      Ute Fan
      @utahman17

I agree with your thoughts that the last year weakened our conference, but I actually think it weakened every conference. Ask Clemson, Penn State, Texas, TCU, Miami, Oklahoma, LSU, North Carolina, so many talented teams with high expectations were average or worse this year…even Ohio State lost to Oregon and Alabama was a bit weaker in comparison to their unreal standards. Don’t think we can say the Pac-12 got hit harder than any other conference, it was just a wild, unpredictable year with a lower level of play across the board. Perfect year for a school like Cincinatti to get into the playoff. Hopefully they can take advantage of it. 

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

I would delve deeper into how many of them had spring and fall camps. And how many real games did they play? And did they have bowl prep?

2008 National Champ
          Ute Fan
          @cptmrgn05

Mountain West looked pretty good this season and they played the same # of games in 2020 as the Pac. B1G had an 8 game schedule. Michigan missed at least two games in 2020 and is in the Playoff this year.

Trying to draw any conclusions from 2020 is absolute folly in my opinion. Everyone was affected. Everyone dealt with it to the best of their ability. Just redact 2020 from the record books and maybe people will stop using it to support their narratives and telling us that it doesn’t matter when it makes their narrative look bad.

Johnny
            Ute Fan
            @johnny

Look deeper. Spring and Fall camps were called off. PAC12 almost cancelled the season. MWC had all of the above. Michigan I follow closely, you are very incorrect. Please bring facts.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2021 PAC12 championship