2022 CFB Week 3 Predict the Score Contest WINNER

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

In the SDSU at Utah predict the score contest we had an 11-way tie for first at 30 points. I’m up for suggestions on the point scheme on ways of setting it up so there aren’t as many ties.  You can see how the scoring is currently setup here.  I generated a random number from 1-22 and the ‘puter spit out number nine.  Number nine number nine.  Hats off to ChemUte for the win.  Game sponsor @UteBacker will be reaching out to you via DM to get you your $25 Amazon gift card!

alexsmith
      Ute Fan
      @alexsmith

My thought is to just make it first come first serve! Whoever ties, the first to submit gets the win

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

That’s certainly easy for a tiebreaker.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

@admin abs([predicted Utah score] – [actual Utah score]) + abs([predicted opponent score] – [actual opponent score]) Lowest scores wins

Tiebreakers

1. Picked winner correctly
      2. Closest to Utah score
      3. Random draw 

KLars04
      Ute Fan
      @klars04

This might be more work but the scoring would be more precise, right now you give 15 points for predicting a team’s score correctly. That could be the same and from there you can give 10 points for being with 1 of a team’s score, 9 points within 2, 8 points within 3, 7 points within 4, etc. Doing it this way is more precise and would produce less tying. If there is a tie at the end of the week, tie breaker could be whoever got closer to Utah’s score wins. Just a thought I had!

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

How do you feel about the idea I posted, @klars04?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

@KLars04 that’s quite a good idea. Same could be done with total points scored.

Within 10 – 1 point
        9 – 2 points
        8 – 3 points
        7 – 4 points
        6 – 5 points
        5 – 6 points
        4 – 7 points
        3 – 8 points
        2 – 9 points
        1 – 10 points
        0 – 15 points

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

@admin, have you decided upon a change to the scoring system?

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Thanks for the bump. I really like KLars04’s concept. I haven’t looked at that code for a few years so not sure how easy or hard it will be to implement.

dystopiamembrane
          Ute Fan
          @dystopiamembrane

@admin, my concept is fundamentally the same thing, but far easier to calculate, no key needed.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2022 CFB Week 3 Predict the Score Contest WINNER