Viewing 2 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

4 21

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

3 all americans, a dark horse heisman candidate and the pac12 OPOY… as well as the COY, and top 3 assistant…….. all that and we are in the Alamo bowl. That’s a lot of talent to get you second place in the 5th best conference.

really puts the failure into proper perspective if you ask me. Biggest fail in Ute history. Still a pretty good season, but a fail of epic proportions given the senior talent on the team.

6 12

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

All these thumbs down but you all know deep down I’m right. It’s okay to admit that your team failed to achieve what they should have. Still made progress, but failed in the end in an epic way.

8 2

Johnny
        Ute Fan
        @johnny

Wrong. It’s called progression. Spend a little time doing research on programs like, Nebraska, Florida State or Miami. They progressed to a level where they were going to bowls every year. 9-10 win seasons every year.

Did they win the championship every year? No. I went to Florida State late 80s. Probably about where the Utes are now. 

Hell, I started my college days at Old Dominion University. They didn’t have a football program when I went to school there. Now they have a D1 squad.

There is definitely an upward projection with the University of Utah. Like at insane levels. The expectations are high, but to be a doomer is not something we want in our fanbase.

1 5

chinngiskhaan
          Ute Fan
          @chinngiskhaan

Did you read my post???? 

I admitted that we did see improvement. I’m not disputing that. Just because we improved that doesn’t mean we achieved the level of success we should have with the talent we have.

Again I ask, did you read my post???????

I’m not calling for anyone to be fired. I’m not claiming the program is in a downward trajectory. I’m not even claiming that this season was a step in the wrong direction. All I’m saying is that the team did not earn an end result that is anywhere close to representative of the talent on the team. 

Hell, I’m not even pointing any fingers… though if I had to point somewhere it would be in the direction of our offensive line, but they were really the only group with a good excuse for sucking at times given their youth.

UtahFanSir
            Ute Fan
            @utahfansir

I read you post. Thank you for sharing views and thoughts some of us have entertained. I think at this point, most of us are prosessing how the season went. The Utes overachieved compared to how some of us thought initially. Then the team got rolling and many of us thought they were unstopable. That was a great feeling too. Then they did get stopped. I’m still struggling with the processing bit. But its now history. I believe in the Hollandale Trio and the seniors and the All Americans and the coaches. Up next is Texas, a recruiting hotbed for Utah and Morgan Scalley’s territory. I really want Utah to completely and totally dominate in a win where for Texas, it is a home game.

jer53621
        Ute Fan
        @jer53621

Winners are not afraid of losing. But losers are. Failure is part of the process of success. People who avoid failure also avoid success.

I agree that this is the biggest fail in Ute history. It was painful to watch the CCG. But that’s part of the process. 

3 5

User Suspended
          @a2ute

What’s painful and somewhat a failure is that the Utes were in this position last year ( losing the conference championship).  Kwhitt did not learn from the past set back, so in essence, it’s a failure. The reality is kwhitt most likely will be retired before the Utes are back in this position.

Again, still a good season and the conference award accolades are nice…but bittersweet   

Mr Chainsaw
            Ute Fan
            @mrchainsaw

Ehh, I think this can be luck of the draw as well.  IMO this years team would have beat last years Washington team.  We were better this year (the record and margins of victory all point to that) but we didn’t match up as well in the championship.

utefansince79
              Ute Fan
              @utefansince79

With a healthy Zach Moss and Tyler Huntley, last year’s team would very possibly have defeated Washington in the championship game.  (Yes they did beat us earlier in Salt Lake but rematch with our main QB/RB may have gone differently)

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

I disagree with the 5th best conference statement. Comparing conferences is very subjective, but the Pac12 was definitely not worse than the ACC, and there are compelling arguments that the Pac12 was on par with any of the other conferences. Being top heavy and getting a team in the playoffs does not = best conference.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Disagree. Utes will be in south contention next year. Look at the offense. The defense is a lot more loaded than people are realizing. Our DEs have played and plan and our DT have played a ton as well. Hell Tonga was rotating in last year and started a few games. Lloyd will be even better and I’m sure they will find one LB to cover. The secondary is a concern. But by fall camp I think they will be ready to go. Will we be in contention for the playoff next year/ no. But I think we have a very real shot to get to vegas for the championship game.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I think it will take undefeated or one loss again to get past USC. 

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

With whom are you disagreeing? Nobody is saying we aren’t going to compete next year.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football 2+3+4= Who cares about stars they are All Americans