#7 team should win such games. FL will likely go 0.5 in SEC.

Viewing 3 reply threads
      3 4

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

We played better by our season-opening standards but nothing like a #7 team. I hope FL wins the SEC, but I wasn’t overly impressed outside of Richardson. I think they’ll go 0.5 in the SEC.

Today’s outcome was very disheartening, but still wholeheartedly support this team. Go Utes!

3 3

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I was just about to post the same thing. This Florida team was nothing special. They have a playmaker at QB and that’s it. Our lack of discipline on defense, especially the defensive ends, was really frustrating.

At the end of the season I think this loss is going to look pretty bad, especially for a team that was a “contender”. I think we’re a 9 win team but nowhere close to a top ten team.

5 4

Ted Lasso
      Ute Fan
      @tedlasso

I don’t know man. As a BYU fan, I have to admit that what Utah did was pretty impressive. Sure, they didn’t play near to what they are capable of, but the swamp is a tough place to play. The atmosphere and ambiance of the game were over the top tonight as well. It was reminiscent of the Oregon game last year when they came into SLC.

As others have said, if this game is played in SLC, Utah wins. But Florida is a dang good team and Richardson is just a freak athlete. I think they just miss the SEC championship and lose to Georgia. If you look at Florida’s schedule, it’s very winnable. Besides Georgia, the other toss-up is Texas A&M. But I’m not too high on their QB.

If Utah wins out, they’ll have a shot at the playoffs. Right now it feels like a bad loss because Florida is unranked, but I expect them to be top 10 by season’s end.

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

As a BYU fan…

5 3

Ted Lasso
          Ute Fan
          @tedlasso

aren’t you the guy that wants Utah to go to the Big Sky? 

I’m not just here posting when Utah loses. I was on here last year when Utah was riding high on their winning streak too. I’m just here because I love sports and I want to see these young men succeed, no matter what side they play on. 

RoboUte
            Ute Fan
            @hamplate

That’s one of his most sane takes.

1 1

RedUte14
            Ute Fan
            @redute14

This Ted lasso guy is pretty cool. I’ve seen him on cougar board a bit.
            Total respect.

RedUte14
              Ute Fan
              @redute14

I’m being sarcastic . Go look at his CB remarks.

Ted Lasso
                Ute Fan
                @tedlasso

I have no way to prove it, but that dude isn’t me. I don’t have a CB account but I do know of that guy because I read CB from time to time. All I can say is that I hate Disney and I hate everything about BYU, except for their sports because I grew up watching them.

1 2

RoboUte
        Ute Fan
        @hamplate

It’s tough to describe this as impressive for me. There were a lot of almosts, but I’ve been told those don’t count.

krindor
        Ute Fan
        @krindor

Realistically, you’re right that it’s probably not as bad as it feels right now. But the truth is that Utah is so close to taking that next step as a program. And we’re at the point now where moral victories and impressive showings are good, but not enough.

Punch it in there at the end and it’s a whole different story. I know it’s barely a difference in performance, but at some point we have to stop being the team that almost wins big games.

1 1

RoboUte
          Ute Fan
          @hamplate

I know it’s barely a difference in performance, but at some point we have to stop being the team that almost wins big games.

The crappy part is that we actually don’t, every chance we let slip away, and we have let many slip away, could actually be our last. There’s no such thing as a guarantee of continued success and failure to sieze opportunity is a cardinal sin for the successful.

krindor
            Ute Fan
            @krindor

By “we have to stop ALMOST winning” I mean that we need to do that, not that it’s a statistical inevitability that we will

Virginia Ute
        Ute Fan
        @virginiaute

That’s not what you’re saying over on CB, you disingenuous bastard. 

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/message.html?id=29243121

Ted Lasso
          Ute Fan
          @tedlasso

Yeah I obviously have no way to prove it, but I am not that disneyland-loving mother-f**ker. The only thing me and that dude have in common is that we both love Ted Lasso. 

But I actually don’t have a CB account. I tried it at one time last year and chose the username tedlasso69, but then the CB mods wanted me to change it, so then I deleted my account haha. I still read the page from time to time but I don’t post there.

If you read my post history, I’ve always been respectful on UteHub and you guys have been gracious hosts. But I can just be page-lurker instead of a poster if that’s what y’all prefer. I can understand that having a BYU fan on the board, especially after a tough loss, can be irritating.

Virginia Ute
            Ute Fan
            @virginiaute

Haha “Disneyland loving mother f***er,” that’s too funny. 

I might believe you actually because that dude can’t handle banter and has me on ignore like a bitch. I say stick around, it makes things more interesting. 

Herk
      Ute Fan
      @herk

I just don’t think Utah has the athletes this year at defensive end and linebacker. Still think Utah can be a top 15 team just no way a top 5.

RedUte14
        Ute Fan
        @redute14

Agreed. Front 7 looked weak

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football #7 team should win such games. FL will likely go 0.5 in SEC.